District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

Predictions on District tournament outcomes?

I say 12A 1st round: Wayne Co over Perry Co, Summertown over Frank Hughes, 2nd round:  Loretto over Wayne Co, Summertown over Collinwood, Finals: Loretto over Summertown with lots of close games.

11A 1st round: Santa Fe over Culleoka, Mt Pleasant over Hampshire, Richland over Cornersville, 2nd round: Columbia Academy over Santa Fe, Mt Pleasant over Richland, Finals: Mt Pleasant over Columbia Academy

Linden was down 26-13 at the half and looked Terrible! They changed their approach and they dominated the glass and got to the basket and came out and out scored Waynesboro 28-11 in the second half. Now it's a tall order, they play Loretto, the only team Linden hasn't beaten this year. Lost in Linden 80-47 and Lost at Loretto 78-42. Both games Loretto was on fire, could Linden finally give them a good game? We'll see.

I was surprised that Wayne County ran almost the entire clock out and took a 3 with about 9 seconds left. They started out the game hitting some 3's but they definitely wasn't falling in the second half.. On that last possession, I would have bet money that were going to Rice in the post, considering they were only down by 2. Good game.

With a strong game from Summertown pulling a win over C'wood, the district would likely end up

Loretto

Stown

C'wood

Perry Co

At regions, I can see a PC upset of most likely CA and I believe C'wood can play disciplined enough to upset Mt Pleasant. Richland has given Stown all they want twice and can pull off an upset if they happen to meet. And didn't Santa Fe just knock off Loretto? I would not be surprised at all to see the 3 & 4 advance from both districts at regions. Has that ever happened where both 1s and 2s got put out?

Beat the breaks off of? Based on the regular season split? Based on the last 9 games where the Trojans are 3-6 (3-3 in district games) and Eagles are 6-3 (5-1 in district games)? Head to head won by total of 9 points? I am not saying that it won't happen because Collinwood is a good team, especially if Ray gets it going from the perimeter and considering that Littlejohn is a tough matchup for Summertown, but without a little more input, I would say neither team will "beat the breaks" of the other. Have you seen the girls district games??? Anything is possible on a neutral court come tourney time.

Edited by cbballfan