District 11A and 12A

allaroundsports

Went and watched Summertown/LCHS last night. I didn't see the Eagles play badly at all. They didn't shoot well and I think that was the biggest factor in the score. I thought SHS was MUCH improved under Wes Long. Over the past 2 years if these kids got behind they would panic, start playing undisciplined basketball. I didn't see that tonight. Yes there were some foolish turnovers and fouls but for the most part they were very controlled. Timmy Beard is everything I thought he would be in the post. Luke Scott is as good as advertised. He will light up the scoreboard!! When Bryce Giles gets back into basketball mode he will be a very dangerous kick out option when they drive to the basket. Overall, I think they showed me they are the team to beat in 12a and will be a tough out every night in single A ball.

Went and watched Summertown/LCHS last night. I didn't see the Eagles play badly at all. They didn't shoot well and I think that was the biggest factor in the score. I thought SHS was MUCH improved under Wes Long. Over the past 2 years if these kids got behind they would panic, start playing undisciplined basketball. I didn't see that tonight. Yes there were some foolish turnovers and fouls but for the most part they were very controlled. Timmy Beard is everything I thought he would be in the post. Luke Scott is as good as advertised. He will light up the scoreboard!! When Bryce Giles gets back into basketball mode he will be a very dangerous kick out option when they drive to the basket. Overall, I think they showed me they are the team to beat in 12a and will be a tough out every night in single A ball.

I am an Eagle supporter, BUT am very critical of the level of play as well! I have to agree with you, by the time this team hits district play, I expect all the pieces that are slightly out of place will be there. This team did not play the preseason tournaments and such as years past, and have come out playing this well. It will only get better.

Lawrence County has a very good team this year.

Waiting to see how Loretto fares against them

Summertown v Richland was an interesting game. We were up 16 in the third and looked to be pulling away and the wheels began to come off a little bit. Richland started to chip away and hit some big three's and at one point cut it to 2. Summertown answered back and in the end won it by 6. Late in the game we hit some free throws and a couple of key shots to ice the win. At one point it looked like Coach Long was allowing the boys to play through some mistakes. Most of the time I like that strategy. Let them enjoy the fruits of their labor before talking about it. Richland has a nice looking kid in the paint that slips out on the wing and can hit a shot if needed in #10 although in the first half he did display somewhat of an attitude when he smacked a chair after being taken out and was upset over a foul call. If he can control that he will be a noise maker in 11A. I was highly impressed with the play of Justin Atkisson--he was really working the boards and getting to the hoop early. He looks like he can be a factor game in and game out.