New Classification

devilsden

For someone asking why you can't make a 32-team bracket out of more than 32 teams, the inducement to get people to be 6A is the automatic playoff spot. If there are 33 or 34 teams in 6A, 1 or 2 teams are not guaranteed a spot.

From what I understand, teams not in the top 32 will have the option to move up. If someone (Maryville?, Centennial?, Brentwood? or Stewarts Creek?) decides to move up, then the process will become much like a waiver process from MLB. #32 will be contacted to see if they want to move down. If they say no, then #31 and etc... will be contacted, much live a waiver wire.

6A may guarantee bigger gates by playing larger schools? It guarantees you game #11.

Curious to see how this all pans out...

I hope Greenback asks to go to Super Duper 32. With the new school in Greenback, some of the kids down by the lake might stay in Greenback. If they really emphasize football they can pull kids from Loudon, Lenoir City, William Blount, and Vonore!

Holy Cow '91, don't you realize that D-B is effectively open enrollment too!!! You really shouldn't throw stones from inside a glass house...

If that was the case then Thompson would have been able to play last year when he transfered back home. ???? Maybe were the only ones who are obeying the rules.

LOL , Poor little db91 .... so this open enrollment thingie .... is Maryville the only place this happens ? Funny how these types of posts always bring out the Cowards .... You see db91 , if I was in your shoes there's no way in the world that I would want to find a way to Legislate my way around Maryville , I would want to beat them on the Field .... Just know that I'm laughing at you right now ...

Its easy to laugh when your in that#1 spot. I would love to play Marysville every year because that's how you get better. But, if your in 5A then we won't. And I don't have a problem with it. Follow the rules. Our best shot was'12 and we came close but our defense was weak. No were not scared. Bring it on because we won't back down. We love the challenge. But you have to respect my excitement that the opportunity we might be given. Or not...

If that was the case then Thompson would have been able to play last year when he transfered back home. ???? Maybe were the only ones who are obeying the rules.

Thompson came up in the city system and probably still lives in the city. He simply made the mistake of starting high school somewhere else. When you move like that simply because you decide you want to play somewhere else after you already started high school and don't actually have a qualifying change of address then you have to sit out a year of varsity play. There are lots of examples of D-B drawing in good athletes from outside the city so it just doesn't make sense to throw stones at other open zone schools. There have been several significant contributors who couldn't ride the bus to school if they wanted to. Some of them never moved in the city, others may have or were annexed over the years but were originally tuition students. Old but recent example-Barger (and a few others from that 2012 team), new example-Maupin.

Thompson came up in the city system and probably still lives in the city. He simply made the mistake of starting high school somewhere else. When you move like that simply because you decide you want to play somewhere else after you already started high school and don't actually have a qualifying change of address then you have to sit out a year of varsity play. There are lots of examples of D-B drawing in good athletes from outside the city so it just doesn't make sense to throw stones at other open zone schools. There have been several significant contributors who couldn't ride the bus to school if they wanted to. Some of them never moved in the city, others may have or were annexed over the years but were originally tuition students. Old but recent example-Barger (and a few others from that 2012 team), new example-Maupin.

Maupins dad was an Indian so he was destined to be with the Tribe. Kids come to us. We don't have to have Mr Munk telling all the kids they will be a star at North and won't play at DB! I think that's called recruiting and we don't do that. They come to us.

Edited by dbFAN91

I am really just not getting to read into all of this fully, as Friday is my day off. So Farragut will be 5A, I saw that, but there is some discussion that we might fall in to the Chattanooga district, WOW! That will be brutal for travel. I really hope that Maryville decides to move up, that would be a very good thing for us. I thought the whole reason they even allowed teams to move up is solely so that Maryville could move up, and now they might not.

My understanding is that they will redo enrollment numbers again in two years, so this could all change then. Also, from a couple of people I talked to, they seem to think that Farragut could be back to 6A by that point. They also told me that for some reason Farragut turned in last year's enrollment number as opposed to this years, IS THAT TRUE?? Were there guidelines to what numbers were to be turned into the TSSAA? They two guys I talked to seemed to think that if Farragut had turned in their current numbers, that we would still be in 6A, pure speculation, but interesting nonetheless.