New Classification

devilsden

I am really just not getting to read into all of this fully, as Friday is my day off. So Farragut will be 5A, I saw that, but there is some discussion that we might fall in to the Chattanooga district, WOW! That will be brutal for travel. I really hope that Maryville decides to move up, that would be a very good thing for us. I thought the whole reason they even allowed teams to move up is solely so that Maryville could move up, and now they might not.

My understanding is that they will redo enrollment numbers again in two years, so this could all change then. Also, from a couple of people I talked to, they seem to think that Farragut could be back to 6A by that point. They also told me that for some reason Farragut turned in last year's enrollment number as opposed to this years, IS THAT TRUE?? Were there guidelines to what numbers were to be turned into the TSSAA? They two guys I talked to seemed to think that if Farragut had turned in their current numbers, that we would still be in 6A, pure speculation, but interesting nonetheless. 

Knox County (downtown) were responsible for submitting enrollment numbers to the TSSAA for the entire county.  They were also late in doing so, but it was interesting to see how it all played out.

Maupins dad was an Indian so he was destined to be with the Tribe. Kids come to us. We don't have to have Mr Munk telling all the kids they will be a star at North and won't play at DB! I think that's called recruiting and we don't do that. They come to us.

That's all fine and dandy by me. I just believe that a person shouldn't be throwing off on others regarding policies that they are also actively using for their own benefit. That's a clear act of hypocrisy.

Knox County (downtown) were responsible for submitting enrollment numbers to the TSSAA for the entire county.  They were also late in doing so, but it was interesting to see how it all played out.

Imagine that, Knox County screwing things up and being late to do something. So that would mean all Knox Co. schools were submitted with last years numbers, I wonder if every other school in TSSAA was submitted with last year's numbers too? That is probably a question that can't be answered. Did TSSAA mandate which(last vs. this year) numbers were to be turned in? I can probably answer that, but maybe someone knows for sure. I would imagine TSSAA just said send numbers, with their track record. They are almost as bad as the NCAA.

This plan would make it much more tenable for Bradley. Road trips under 100 miles and keep 6 local teams to play. But I don't think TSSAA gets that part at all. They are gearing up to protect smaller schools from the big bad large schools.

Course they still got to vote on the Public / Private Split and that can change things again..

I thought the Super 32 was going to be 4 eight team regions.

That's all fine and dandy by me. I just believe that a person shouldn't be throwing off on others regarding policies that they are also actively using for their own benefit. That's a clear act of hypocrisy.

If you had a clue about DB, allowing tuition students is not about athletics. We don't have to do it for that. Its to offer kids a great opportunity at a great education with tons of great experiences, I guarantee they didn't consider it for athletics.

If you had a clue about DB, allowing tuition students is not about athletics. We don't have to do it for that. Its to offer kids a great opportunity at a great education with tons of great experiences, I guarantee they didn't consider it for athletics.

"Marysvul" iz eggzacklee that saim.....yeah grait edgycashun.... :popcorneater:

QS89 me two...Butt hit cood bee 7-9-8-8 eye thaink....Steal a lott ov unknoweds...... :popcorneater:

So, what's the word in Maryville? Move up or stay down. We all know what they should do. Is Coach just being politically correct in saying that the travel expenses to the Tri Cities might be the reason to play down?

Edited by dbFAN91

Again, that's all good but you are not unique in that situation so don't throw off on others. I didn't mean to infer that it was solely about athletics. I simply pointed out that D-B also benefits from policies that you were dissing other people about having. Like Forrest Gump, "that's all I've got to say about that".

"Marysvul" iz eggzacklee that saim.....yeah grait edgycashun.... :popcorneater:

Ya Starz , you can tell at DB it's all about the Edjumacashun , because they wait till Page 2 of their Tuition Application to ask for Bench Press , size , and 40 times ...  :mrgreen:

It's hilarious to see db91 trying to make something out of Maryville doing the exact same thing his School does ... hypocrisy at it's finest . 

Ya Starz , you can tell at DB it's all about the Edjumacashun , because they wait till Page 2 of their Tuition Application to ask for Bench Press , size , and 40 times ...  :mrgreen:

It's hilarious to see db91 trying to make something out of Maryville doing the exact same thing his School does ... hypocrisy at it's finest .

Dude, get over it. Must be a touchy subject for you.

The reality is the program draws the kids to a situation that a lot of other schools have the opportunity to accomplish. I can't hat Maryville for being successful and benefitting from a kids desire to win. Doesn't everyone wish their team could accomplish what Marysville has?