New Classification

devilsden

Central won't have any trouble filling out a schedule whether they are 4A or 5A. Since we are going back to the old region format of top 4 making the playoffs, non-region games won't matter. We'll see schools that used to play in non-region/non-district games playing once again and non-region games being influenced in large part by who will generate good gates both home and away. Knoxville Central certainly fits in that category.

Nothing official here, but the 4A region that I hear could end up being in place most likely has Fulton, South-Doyle, Clinton, Central, AC, and Carter in it. Could be another team included, possibly Gibbs, but that's what I am hearing at this point.

And the 5A district being talked about includes Oak Ridge, Campbell County, Karns, Powell, and Halls. Obviously it will include another team or two, maybe Knoxville West, but not really sure at this point. Given where I am broadcasting now, I am paying more attention to the 4A projections at this point.

Bottom line - right now all that is out there are educated guesses and projections. Hearing a lot of things, but what I have posted seems to be coming from those closest to the decision makers.

SD's numbers must have taken a big jump compared to the last count.  They now have more than Karns and are close to Halls' numbers.

SD's numbers must have taken a big jump compared to the last count.  They now have more than Karns and are close to Halls' numbers.

I was surprised to see that too. I was thinking that they'd end up in 4A, so that surprised me.

Going to be interesting to see how the 5A groupings in East Tennessee look, assuming Maryville jumps to 6A.

We have two separate schools at separate locations. We choose to count the Freshmen and they are eligible for varsity. WB moved all of their Freshmen to what used to by Mary Blount Elementary and renamed it William Blount 9th Grade Academy. Then BCS built a new Mary Blount. Which is confusing.

Edited by Red Rebels

I was surprised to see that too. I was thinking that they'd end up in 4A, so that surprised me.

Going to be interesting to see how the 5A groupings in East Tennessee look, assuming Maryville jumps to 6A.

Yes it will be very interesting.  AC barely sneaked into 5A on the last count with 1033 students if memory serves.  Now we have 1064 but with fewer teams in 6A under the new system we're projected to be 4A.