Adamsville coaches visiting churches in Selmer?

Macnarry

McNairy is really bold with their recruiting! One of my co-workers in Jackson was getting calls from McNairy's staff last year trying to get his son to come & play ball at McNairy! I found that hard to believe until he played one of the recorded calls for me! Told him he wouldn't have to worry about the out of county tuition fee!! That coach isn't there now but it is the same one that was picking the kid from Chester County up at the county line every day! As far as kids going to school in the town they live in; Ramer is not part of Selmer & neither is Bethel or Michie! Like I said before you have 90 kids on the team now & can't do anything with them!! Sounds like bad coaching to me! Btw it won't take long before they start thinning those numbers down because having that many kids on the sideline will break the bank!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Just coach up the kids you have and play the hand you have. Kids going to play for a winning program is nothing new. It's happened for years and it only is an issue to the schools that can't beat a certain team. People think if a team is doing well they have to be cheating. I call BS. Public, private, I don't care. Support your team and your teams coaching staff and let them do their jobs. The whole, open enrollment thing is as legal as anything. I agree if coaches want to ask kids to come play for them is no different than your pastor telling people that he would love to see them at church on Sunday. Parents want the best for their kids. What is wrong with that? I love to see this kind of conversation. Public and private both battling in out over "open enrollment". That's how Maryville, Alcoa, Oneida all have good strong programs. Even schools like Oak Ridge will take "athletes" in for about 500.00$ a year

The thread of this topic is talking about an Adamsville coach going to a church in Selmer to 'recruit' a junior high player to come to Adamsville. No Adamsville fan can deny it because they know their coach did it. Poor ethics.

He can go to church anywhere he chooses, but do not do it under the guise of trying to get a top offensive lineman for his school.

The thread of this topic is talking about an Adamsville coach going to a church in Selmer to 'recruit' a junior high player to come to Adamsville. No Adamsville fan can deny it because they know their coach did it. Poor ethics.

He can go to church anywhere he chooses, but do not do it under the guise of trying to get a top offensive lineman for his school.

You should get your school to contact the TSSAA about it. Nobody seems to be denying it. Clearly a major violation.

Why do you keep denying all the wrongdoings at McNairy? Oh yeah, double standards for you guys. You're pathetic!!

Is there a problem at Adamsville or McNairy that they can't turn in their enrollment numbers?

Yall need to figure out who's going where and get them counted.

It was my understanding these numbers were to be turned in by Sept 22.

That Childress man is more mad about this than where someone is going to church.

If someone has violated that Childress mans rules, turn them in.

And while yall are at it, get to counting and turn in your numbers.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pdY-oBGz78a-6UBJlprJ6jOfdgGlvkivoqTvdSF2MIo/pubhtml

It is a free country , just because a coach goes to a church you can't scream recruiting !!! You really need to listen to yourself !! We're talking about church !! Theres nothing to deny cause there's nothing being done wrong !!! Church ?? Really ??

Lol these same kids at the little school have won every game they played so far against the big boys. Right now we would be leading mcnairys district with the big boys lol. That argument just flew out the window

you miss the point, you have taken good athletes that should be at Mcnairy and should be playing in a higher classification and play in weak 2a.  

Lol. Just coach up the kids you have and play the hand you have. Kids going to play for a winning program is nothing new. It's happened for years and it only is an issue to the schools that can't beat a certain team. People think if a team is doing well they have to be cheating. I call BS. Public, private, I don't care. Support your team and your teams coaching staff and let them do their jobs. The whole, open enrollment thing is as legal as anything. I agree if coaches want to ask kids to come play for them is no different than your pastor telling people that he would love to see them at church on Sunday. Parents want the best for their kids. What is wrong with that? I love to see this kind of conversation. Public and private both battling in out over "open enrollment". That's how Maryville, Alcoa, Oneida all have good strong programs. Even schools like Oak Ridge will take "athletes" in for about 500.00$ a year

First you say "coach up the kids you have and play the hand you have"  then you endorse going to get whatever kids you want.  These are two different things.  I guess what you are saying is Coaches should do whatever than can to convince kids to come to their school, rules be darned, then however it shakes out just coach the kids you end up with.  Yeah that sounds like a good idea.  Maybe  you should forward this brilliant idea to NCAA.  I