First round play-offs: Private 9 - Public 0

Guest conway

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to say anything about the Public/Private debate but I think its time I put my 2-cents in. I went to the Sequatchie Co./Goodpasture game last night and it was over before it started I don't think any Seq. fans or even the players thought they could win that game against a team like that even on the coin toss the Seniors were captains for both teams out comes the Indians 4 Seniors and Goodpastures 16! :o Sequatchie's entire roster has only 28 players total compared to Goodpastures 74! :o Maybe its my public education but is this not a mismatch? I checked the Goodpasture starting lineup and stat sheet that they were so grateful to put in the Program and I counted only 4 or 5 players listed both ways as where Sequatchie County has only 2-3 that don't Play BOTH WAYS! So do you still think that Private Schools don't have a disadvantage? :confused: Just ask all those kids from public schools that want be playing another game because they were playing teams that they shouldn't have been playing in the first place.:o

One thing I would take Sequatchie County's Stadium, Field and Fan friendly facilities anyday! :o

[Edited by Sequatchie on 11-9-02 12:22P]

I think the public/private has nothing to do with the number of players on the roster or the fact that Sequatchie knew they were going to lose before the game started. A four seed is not going to do well against a one seed. You losr 53-0 against the one seed from your own region. But then they are a magnet school and have an advantage. If Sequatchie was playing another region one seed do you think the outcome would have been different? The one seeds were 37 and 3 against four seeds with an average margin of victory of 32 points. A 3-7 team is not supposed to beat a 9-1 team. The playoff field is diluted with too many teams. You have a great school and very good fans.

[Edited by std on 11-10-02 9:53P]

You ended your sentence too quick when you stated no other advantages. It should read, no other advantages except they can recruit and base schlorships on need ( I need a fullback, a quarterback, etc...). Here genius, you do the math. Over 70% of all members of the TSSAA want a split. Now explain why 70% are wrong and the few against the split are right.

Go Eagles,

You always want to talk about how private schools have better coaches, and work harder than public schools. Could you please tell us the record of Coach Smith when he coached in the public schools. After you give us his record, could you please tell us how all of his hard work and coaching superiority didn't show up in the public school spectrum.

Not to start an arguemnt but werent the majority of people in favor of slavery? Does that make it right? Maybe that isnt the best example but there are many time down through history were the majority was wrong. Even tho im not against this division it does make for a lot of meaningless championships we already have 4 too many.

Guest captainmisery

the way I see it, private schools have prevented

Collinwood from having 3 State Championships under their belt. I think CHS can win Friday but it's public vs private again. Sometimes things are not fair, but give us a break, the only way for small towns of 1000 people who have limited kids to go out for football or any other sport for that matter, is to compete with other public schools who don't have the option of specialized selection for positions. ;)

I favor all the private schools. But I do not think that it is fair for teams like Goodpasture and CPA to play these small public school teams. The should b in with the other private schools. Collinwood was beaten three years in a row by a private school. They will be the first to tell you they cannot play with the larger superior teams in the state. But these private schools that beat up on them think they are the best teams around. My challenge to them i to step up to the plate and prove it. Win the Super 7 or DII AA and then you can brag. Until then stop hassling kids and teams that are overachieveing for their league when you can do nothing but underachieve.