5A Playoff scenarios for Quads 3&4

JacketLover

Granted I saw the Burros in the spring and I know they are better now but from what I remember is that they do not have significant depth. Springfield is very athletic and they should matchup well in the lines. Hillsboro is the cream of this quad when it exists but they are not that much better than a number of teams that could be in it. This will probably be the weakest quad and I bet there are some upsets if the named teams get in it. If Shelbyville or Beech get on a role they have enough playmakers to keep up with anybody that has been named.

Good observation GWave. I agree with you about Beech, Shelbyville & Springfield. I also believe Gallatin & Columbia can make some noise with the right draw. I disagree about all teams being equal, I feel that Hillsboro is head and shoulders the most complete team if this quad comes to fruition. Burros are a totally different team from Spring til now. Had a few guys transfer in and also have Vincent Perry & Kyle Phillips back healthy. When I seen them play, they had quite a bit of depth, with the only kid going both ways was Phillips.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would depend upon if Shelbyville wins their district or not. Hillsboro would be the highest seed but having seen both I think Springfield matches up with them athletically. That would be a good game. Beech could be a wildcard too because of their tough ground game.

Wow really, I have not seen Hillsboro play but from what I have been hearing, they should be clear cut favs on this side of the bracket. I am glad to hear someone believes Springfield has a decent shot though.....

What about Lawrence County, who is on a 5 game winning streak and is #2 in the entire state in rushing? I think they can grind it out with anyone. They very well should be 6-1 at this point, save for a last minute loss at Columbia in the season opener. They also have a very nice win over Hardin County. What kind of shot do you think they have?

What about Lawrence County, who is on a 5 game winning streak and is #2 in the entire state in rushing? I think they can grind it out with anyone. They very well should be 6-1 at this point, save for a last minute loss at Columbia in the season opener. They also have a very nice win over Hardin County. What kind of shot do you think they have?

I think Lawrence if they finish 2nd in the district I could see them at a 3 or 4 seed in Quad 3, but there is still a lot can happen in the next 3 weeks

#2 in the entire state in rushing? This could be but how do you figure? I guess they do not pass the ball very often? Just asking.

Not sure if I wouldn't fear them they are not the same lawrenceburg team from the past been in playoffs 4 out last 6 years. Saw them play gc. They are not slow. #23 and #42 are studs bottom line. FB runs very hard defense is weakest part of game. Not passing they can throw it just choose not to. They should be 6-1