GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, can't say they just lost huh? Forward progress stopped, whistle blew, defensive players begin to pull up & back falls into the end zone. He was stopped cold & more help on the way. He was about to put his skates on & hit reverse. Anymore discussion on this I would kindly ask be directed to the Coalfield / Oneida thread, no need to further hijack this one. My apologies GCA & GB.

not the way I saw it. And no whistle either never stopes forward progress better watch the tape again crow. But that's what I would stick to crow. Oneida may have still won the game for all I know but it sure didn't help cf any. Oneida has a great football team and I will be pulling for the Indians in the playoffs. That's all I will say on the topic.

If this is about the play right before the half, there's a few things that were wrong with that play. The most important thing is that the line judge (and others) blew the whistle that forward progress had stopped. The problem with that was the forward progress was stopped on the 2 or 3 yard line, then the push came. The line judge ruled him down at the 1 yd line, which was in the middle of the push to the end zone. He could've saved all this debate if he ruled the kid down at the 3 yd line. Terrible spot by the line judge. I be the wished he had that one back.

Edited by gcapride

Lol, can't say they just lost huh? Forward progress stopped, whistle blew, defensive players begin to pull up & back falls into the end zone. He was stopped cold & more help on the way. He was about to put his skates on & hit reverse. Anymore discussion on this I would kindly ask be directed to the Coalfield / Oneida thread, no need to further hijack this one. My apologies GCA & GB.

not the way I saw it crow and I was on the goal line. Forward progress never stopped and no whistle either. The ref was in shock from missing the call when he came back to the sideline. Looked like a deer on headlights. Could swear I heard him apologize to coalfield coaching staff at halftime for blowing the call. But who's to say oneida doesn't win anyway but sure didn't help cf. that said oneida has a great team and I will be pulling for em in the playoffs.

Same topic different game:

Talk about a deer in the headlights & an official apologizing. A few years ago Oneida was playing somebody & one of our backs broke free & shook the db's attempted tackle. Running free for the happy hunting grounds with no defender on their feet within many yards of him. Just as he crossed the 5 yard line going in a whistle comes from the stripe less than 15 yards from him & he straddles the 5 & signals touchdown. Apparently while the official was following the play he thought the 5 was the goal line so when the back got there he blew it dead. We did score but it was on 3rd & goal from the 4. I thought that official was gonna pee his pants when he realized what he'd done. We could have probably played with 15 the rest of the way & he wouldn't have flagged it :roflol:

Wished refs wouldn't be so quick with whistle these days. They don't even let the play finish. Teams are getting short changed. I'd rather see one carry on a little longer than necessary than for them to blow too quick when forward progression isn't completely stopped.

Edited by ladykee