GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just seen the short clip, looks like Scott and Dustin are even in the same plane along the sideline and ref misses Scott and then embraces/grasp for the flag for the hit with Dustin, ridiculous is all that can be said.

An someone mentioned earlier something about the 1 yd white area, that would be part of the coaches box(2 yds wide from sideline) from 25 to 25.

That would be me that mentioned that. The coaches box is 3 feet outside the field of play from 25 to 25. The officials & chain crew are the only ones that technically are allowed inside the 3 feet wide lane closest to the out of bounds line is where the front of the box starts. Edited by crow

You people aren't listening to the rule, which is exactly what crow stated. If you are in the white area and an official runs into you, it's a penalty. The coaching staff was warned several times by the line judge to stay back or it would be a penalty, read an earlier post by one of our chain gang guys (87ismine). They refused to listen and FINALLY got flagged. Why keep warning them, the guy should have called it 2x and had Hicks ejected. Read my earlier post, I think that is stupid to eject the HC on that call. 15 yds each infraction is plenty.

This isn't a "mess" as the Oneida supporter stated. It's the rules. Should they not call offsides when the defense is in the neutral zone? What about punching a kid in the neck after the play, should they let that go too? This is stupid. We get hosed more than anybody, and you guys want to cry foul over a call that is a legitimate penalty. I saw the tape. He might have been able to avoid him, but he shouldn't have to avoid him. They were warned several times. Rules are rules, and without them, it's anarchy.

Final point, on this post. We were going to shove it down your throat on that last drive, regardless of a 15 yd penalty. Old MO had switched, especially after we shoved it in your face with the 3 and out. Isn't that what you are really mad about? Your inability to move the ball more than 4 yds and only run off less than 30 seconds? Pitiful. Be mad at yourself, not some official that warned your beloved coaching staff several times to stay out of the box.

Pride, the sounds like a mess post was mine & I believe I failed to be clear. The mess I was speaking of was not the fact the flag was thrown as I have not saw the video. I was referring to the situation as a whole. Meaning the entire controversy & subsequent debate that has followed. Sorry for the confusion.

Pride, the sounds like a mess post was mine & I believe I failed to be clear. The mess I was speaking of was not the fact the flag was thrown as I have not saw the video. I was referring to the situation as a whole. Meaning the entire controversy & subsequent debate that has followed. Sorry for the confusion.

No problem. It IS a mess that we are debating a coach/player being in the box and getting hit by an official being a 15yd penalty. Especially after they were warned several times, as confirmed by our chain crew. See my earlier post, it wouldn't have changed the outcome. GCA was going to the promised land, regardless of the penalty.

'pride & ole 'Knox tag teaming on the T again? Like days of old!

Haven't watched the footage yet but I assure you it was probably a pitiful call...BECAUSE those in stripped shirts, for sometime, have been ridiculous excuses for officials...And if they have any sorta beef with a coach, team, whatever, they will find a reason for those 15 yarders....OnB said they lost the game because they didn't play to win (in so many words)...OnB is usually spot on.

Like old times....he won't help me out like he used to. I'm looking for another wing-man, you available? If I keep it clean and respectful (sometimes)?

OnB called it right. He doesn't have an agenda, not that he ever did (his boys have graduated). I said it in an earlier post during the 1st half, Greenback wanted it more. In the 2nd half, GCA wanted it more and they took it.

Good luck the rest of the way, looks like me and 'Knox will be paying you a visit again in November.

Edited by gcapride

I have remained quiet up until now given the fact GB played a much better game than I expected.  It is utterly sickening to hear the whiners complain about the refs.  Some fans have cried about the "fumble". It wasn't one.  Some fans have cried about the ref's bad call. It wasn't one.

We at GCA always hear about how horrible the ref's calls are when we play GB at home.  I admit two years ago, there was a couple of calls I wish the ref had let go, but it did not affect the game at all.  This year's sideline call was certainly untimely at best but it did not affect the game.  GCA would have scored regardless.

GCA does NOT pay refs to cheat.  I can guarantee you that.  I don't know what goes on in Loudon county but that is not the way GCA does business.

Now, on to victory.

Like old times....he won't help me out like he used to. I'm looking for another wing-man, you available? If I keep it clean and respectful (sometimes)?

OnB called it right. He doesn't have an agenda, not that he ever did (his boys have graduated). I said it in an earlier post during the 1st half, Greenback wanted it more. In the 2nd half, GCA wanted it more and they took it.

Good luck the rest of the way, looks like me and 'Knox will be paying you a visit again in November.

It'll be nice to see you two again...I will be hoping for the same outcome as at our last meeting :mrgreen:

I gotta an idea, you two sit on the front row of the visitors side and maybe that boy of mine runs by and they take another pic...We'd have pics of all three of ya in basketball and football...People would swear you two were BULLDOG FANS then!!!

Pujo and I are sworn wing-men for one another at this time....Should his skillet slinger send him into eternity one day, I would then consider it

I have remained quiet up until now given the fact GB played a much better game than I expected. It is utterly sickening to hear the whiners complain about the refs. Some fans have cried about the "fumble". It wasn't one. Some fans have cried about the ref's bad call. It wasn't one.

We at GCA always hear about how horrible the ref's calls are when we play GB at home. I admit two years ago, there was a couple of calls I wish the ref had let go, but it did not affect the game at all. This year's sideline call was certainly untimely at best but it did not affect the game. GCA would have scored regardless.

GCA does NOT pay refs to cheat. I can guarantee you that. I don't know what goes on in Loudon county but that is not the way GCA does business.

Now, on to victory.

Well, you brought it up...even tho it's been 2 yrs I'll say this; myself and another quite frequent poster(that will back me up), it to was a fumble plain as day it occurred directly in front of us while standing at the fence. So close that I could've possibly recovered the ball with a good jump of the fence. Stuff like that is why I wouldn't expect anything less when playing anyone in Knox County...I may seem to be a sour grape, but I'm just stating the truth. Edited by cherokean

Well, you brought it up...even tho it's been 2 yrs I'll say this; myself and another quite frequent poster(that will back me up), it to was a fumble plain as day it occurred directly in front of us while standing at the fence. So close that I could've possibly recovered the ball with a good jump of the fence. Stuff like that is why I wouldn't expect anything less when playing anyone in Knox County...I may seem to be a sour grape, but I'm just stating the truth.

+1!Lets get to Tellico now.

Well, you brought it up...even tho it's been 2 yrs I'll say this; myself and another quite frequent poster(that will back me up), it to was a fumble plain as day it occurred directly in front of us while standing at the fence. So close that I could've possibly recovered the ball with a good jump of the fence. Stuff like that is why I wouldn't expect anything less when playing anyone in Knox County...I may seem to be a sour grape, but I'm just stating the truth.

I do not care what you or anyone else says.  Neither GCA or coach pays the refs (Knox County or whomever) to cheat for Grace.  That is NOT something we have done or ever will do.