GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's hard to beat Grace in a close game at home. No rather it's impossible. It is a shame you have to be winning by a big margin to even be safe because I know everyone is tired if hearing it but the refs will rob you blind. Anything and everything they could come up with on us in the 2nd half. They rough our QB twice and no call in first half. We do the same thing and it is a very questionable roughing the passer on us. They call our DC for a 15 yard penalty for sideline interference on Grace's winning drive with not even a warning. McKamey goes wherever he wants on the field. Too bad the Grace kids can't win a clean game without ref interference. They can't get any credit for this win!

Edited by ladykee

I just want to add our kids played their hearts out and we made some great defensive stops all night. The D caused at least 3 turnovers. I am not bashing in my earlier post by any means. We just seemed to have no options with a little over a minute to go and needing to get downfield fast. It is a hard situation to be in I know. I hate injustice!

It's hard to beat Grace in a close game at home. No rather it's impossible. It is a shame you have to be winning by a big margin to even be safe because I know everyone is tired if hearing it but the refs will rob you blind. Anything and everything they could come up with on us in the 2nd half. They rough our QB twice and no call in first half. We do the same thing and it is a very questionable roughing the passer on us. They call our DC for a 15 yard penalty for sideline interference on Grace's winning drive with not even a warning. McKamey goes wherever he wants on the field. Too bad the Grace kids can't win a clean game without ref interference. They can't get any credit for this win!

No need for that stuff. This was one of the best games of the series, just like 2 years ago, which as I recall, was exactly what I called for early in the week. I've read your posts, and you know your football. But I also know that we are usually on the short end of the stick as far as the refs go, EVEN at home. If we did get a call here or there, it still doesn't get us back to even for the season. The penalty on the bench is automatic in HS football if the ref runs into a player or coach. No warning is required.

Pride thanks for he halftime invite,but we were having a pretty good time on the fence.Was nice to meet you.Some of the folks was afraid the GCA coaches were coming to get me!LoL!

No problem. You missed some good food, it was over the top this week. It was good to meet you as well. You guys have a heck of a team this year. Best of luck the rest of the way, you guys should be in great shape heading into November.

I talked to #58 on the sideline before the game, he said he'll be cleared to play in the first playoff game. Good kid and very well spoken and respectful.

Sounds like a dandy but I'm afraid 14 points for most of the game won't make it very far in the playoffs. Sorry pride, couldn't resist, congrats to yall on your own nice rivalry win as well.

GB, wish yall coulda pulled it out but sounds like yall played one heck of a game.

If I ever deserved one right in the mouth, it was that one. That was funny! You're right, that won't cut it past the first round (just like I said last night). If we are lucky enough to make it up to your place, it could be 0-0 early Saturday morning before we just flip a coin...