GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

My brain says GCA, but my gut says Greenback. I think Greenback spreading out GCA opens up the run game. It'll also be tough for Greenback to slow down Grace too though. I'll take Greenback in a close one. You can't stack the box against them, and they have some pretty good weapons in open field. But it wouldn't surprise me either way.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jake you are a very intuiative person!This post is correct in all aspects.He did coach for Grace under the coach who instilled the winning tradition and GB and also at GCA.They really did not mesh to well,his plans were the same at GCA but that was never going to happen and they parted ways.He coached here as you know but after 2012 if he couldnt get that team to Cookeville he knew he could never do it and so did we.That was the most tallented team we have put on the field since 1987.We were not prepared for the Cfield game whether we were the best team or not.They came in here and whipped us.This was the same every yr under his reign lost games we should have never lost.He used those two yrs to his advantage and kudos to him,he has what he wants for now.pride some were behind him and some were behind him waving as he left,you never heard us whinning because he left.Now lets get back to this game!

I think I know what you were saying in this post, but I want to be clear on it. I have a TON of respect for Coach Satterfield. I think his record and reputation speaks for itself. To be clear, McKamey is the one that instilled the winning tradition at Grace. I don't think you were saying Satterfield was the one responsible for that above, but I wanted to address it.

I think I know what you were saying in this post, but I want to be clear on it. I have a TON of respect for Coach Satterfield. I think his record and reputation speaks for itself. To be clear, McKamey is the one that instilled the winning tradition at Grace. I don't think you were saying Satterfield was the one responsible for that above, but I wanted to address it.

Nope i meant what i said.Did he not get GCA to the playoffs?I may be wrong.

OnB I can't remember exactly how that Oneida game ended, but do remember it was heart breaking! The following year in 93 was just as heart wrenching. There was a sense of numbness. You have to remember back in those days we were a classy (most not all) but loud fan base. The GB fans in the stands and on the fences were a very animated part of the whole game atmosphere. You haven't set in the stands in a long time, but believe you me those of us that forget ourselves and grew up learning how to be a Cherokee fan, are fast reminded of the change of culture or whatever it is. Used to you could scream and you just blended in. Now you scream and you feel like you have spoken out if turn in church. I wished we could get back to that loud cheerleader, band, fan experience. Former players come back and they are like "Why is everyone so quiet?", lol. Don't get me wrong there are still moments like when we score or make a big play, but nothing like the old go home and can't talk the next morning kind of thing. I think a lot of the rowdies have moved to the trucks around the field. Getting back to the GCA game....GCA is like our old SP or Oneida back in the day. This game is the one we want! We want all of them, but this is the big one we really want because we can compete this year. We probably won't win this game conservatively. Our line will have to play solid and our defense can't give up a big play. The defense must play with a chip on their shoulder and make the necessary stops. A few turnovers will only help us. We have to produce on offense. I hope our punter never punts, lol! Penalties must be kept to a minimum, like none would be great. Field position in our favor will go a long way toward success. This is a game that we need to be mentally and physically ready to walk on the field and play lights out. We have to throw everything but our kitchen sink at them and execute. We have the talent, weapons, speed, etc. to get it done. How bad do we want it?

OnB I can't remember exactly how that Oneida game ended, but do remember it was heart breaking! The following year in 93 was just as heart wrenching. There was a sense of numbness. You have to remember back in those days we were a classy (most not all) but loud fan base. The GB fans in the stands and on the fences were a very animated part of the whole game atmosphere. You haven't set in the stands in a long time, but believe you me those of us that forget ourselves and grew up learning how to be a Cherokee fan, are fast reminded of the change of culture or whatever it is. Used to you could scream and you just blended in. Now you scream and you feel like you have spoken out if turn in church. I wished we could get back to that loud cheerleader, band, fan experience. Former players come back and they are like "Why is everyone so quiet?", lol. Don't get me wrong there are still moments like when we score or make a big play, but nothing like the old go home and can't talk the next morning kind of thing. I think a lot of the rowdies have moved to the trucks around the field. Getting back to the GCA game....GCA is like our old SP or Oneida back in the day. This game is the one we want! We want all of them, but this is the big one we really want because we can compete this year. We probably won't win this game conservatively. Our line will have to play solid and our defense can't give up a big play. The defense must play with a chip on their shoulder and make the necessary stops. A few turnovers will only help us. We have to produce on offense. I hope our punter never punts, lol! Penalties must be kept to a minimum, like none would be great. Field position in our favor will go a long way toward success. This is a game that we need to be mentally and physically ready to walk on the field and play lights out. We have to throw everything but our kitchen sink at them and execute. We have the talent, weapons, speed, etc. to get it done. How bad do we want it?

Heck im going to retire!Shes good.

I think she meant we lost to Oneida in the semis.We lost to Oneida in 91 and 92 in regular season.

I told you it's been too long! I must have been thinking of the 91 season and we did lose by 1 I believe up there. Glad we got back around to playing Oneida again after a few years in the later 90s of no games between the two.

O&B, I thought she may be your wife or something.lol. She brings up some very valid points.

that made me spit out my drink! Nothing against OnB, he was a good friend and we graduated together. Rode many a basketball bus together over the years with him and the gang. We both came up under the same coaches and had the same experiences from back in the day! Reading his posts brings back a lot of fun memories! I have to also add that being related to Coach McCollum is my excuse for somewhat being anal about the game. We were a sports family. I paid attention. We were always taught that being mentally prepared was a game changer. We have passed that down over the generations.

O&B, I thought she may be your wife or something.lol. She brings up some very valid points.

lol, nope just a fellow graduate and we rode many a basketball bus together over the years. Brings back memories of the same experiences. My excuse for understanding the game and what it takes IMO can be blamed on my family. Uncle Ed McCollum rubbed off a little! Being mentally prepared makes all the difference in the world so I have always paid attention. Coach for a husband (not HS) and 2 athletic boys and it equals a lot of spirt talk and ballgames!

Nope i meant what i said.Did he not get GCA to the playoffs?I may be wrong.

He did get GCA to their first playoff appearance. Satterfield, in his 1 season at GCA, was 4-7. That's not instilling a winning tradition at a school. I respect Satterfield, but that's not a true statement.

McKamey is the Coach that built the GCA program and instilled the winning tradition(1st winning season was his 1st yr, 6-5). Heck, the guy built the High School and the sports complex you will walk into Friday night.