GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a fan of Ridge, sorry GB fans. I know you guys don't really like McKamey, and that's fine. It's one of those "you love him if he's with you and hate him if he's on the other side". I think that carries a lot of respect as well. That's not the way I feel about Ridge. He added a few good things to GB, but I think he was always looking for a bigger, better job. He jumped at William Blount, who hasn't won anything in the past 50 years. GB is a destination job. You want to go there and you want to stay there. Great tradition, great community, great support. AND, you are in 1A with a great shot at a deep run in the playoffs every year. Unless your last name is Ridge, why would you ever leave that?

I think his motive was a little more than football....after one year, he was named AD along with being the head coach....and his eyes are set on being the principal of the school in two years, when the current principal is set to retire.  IMO, he used football as a stepping stone to get to other things.  Again, this is JMO.....

GCA is not the same animal as last year, GB is better than last year. I'm not saying GB blows out GCA or even wins the game but both teams are different than 12 months ago as most teams are.

No secret I'm pulling for GB in this one. That's my heart talking but my head knows GCA is still the elephant in the room.

I have to slightly diagree crow.GB was better up front last yr on both sides of the ball.The backfield is better this yr as is the LBs.DBs where better last yr also.If this GB teams Oline and Dline where as good i would say they would be a force the rest of the yr.As we seen against the Indians and Harriman and also Coalfield if the line play isnt at the least above average we struggle.The backfield can only take you so far,but they are outstanding in that area.

I think his motive was a little more than football....after one year, he was named AD along with being the head coach....and his eyes are set on being the principal of the school in two years, when the current principal is set to retire. IMO, he used football as a stepping stone to get to other things. Again, this is JMO.....

jake you are a very intuiative person!This post is correct in all aspects.He did coach for Grace under the coach who instilled the winning tradition and GB and also at GCA.They really did not mesh to well,his plans were the same at GCA but that was never going to happen and they parted ways.He coached here as you know but after 2012 if he couldnt get that team to Cookeville he knew he could never do it and so did we.That was the most tallented team we have put on the field since 1987.We were not prepared for the Cfield game whether we were the best team or not.They came in here and whipped us.This was the same every yr under his reign lost games we should have never lost.He used those two yrs to his advantage and kudos to him,he has what he wants for now.pride some were behind him and some were behind him waving as he left,you never heard us whinning because he left.Now lets get back to this game! Edited by orngnblk

They still are in the cellar as far as football goes (William Blount). It goes back to my original assessment. He's always looking out for #1. I think the GB community was behind him too. I could be wrong on that.

For a math teacher, he didn't do the math involved in the decision to go to Willy Bee...so to speak. He's a better wrestling coach than he is a football coach, I think. Since he is also the AD, an if WB never improves he'd be firing himself and then turning around and hire his replacement...

That 2012 team was the best GB team I can remember. Better than the 08 team, in my opinion.

As a team yes.08 had some very good players on it,they just didnt play well with as a team when it counted.Some players didnt like each other and it showed against Oneida both times.They had the players to be outstanding but it is what it is. Edited by orngnblk

This will be a watershed game for GB.  Although the hill will be steep, it is climbable.  The money here would be on GCA but I'm not convinced that GB isn't capable of issueing an upset.  They have several weapons and the line, although they have been struggling some, is very capable of having a solid performance.  GB's pride alone should keep them in range because they aren't lacking in players.  GCA is capable of winning easily, but something tells me that GB will hang around.  It wouldn't surprise me if people are biting their nails well into the fourth quarter.

Just my thoughts.

Kazzy

Hey guys Glenn here. How fast is Greenback this year? I saw they played was same as Whitwell. Whitwell isn't very fast. Greenback barely beat that team Whitwell beat by just two scores. So I'm wondering if you guys have been working on your fastness. A couple years ago you were kinda fast but not real fast. The Pirates are really fast sometimes then other times just pretty fast and then other times just kinda fast. I guess it depends on which Pirate team plays when we play the Greenback. Good luck this week. I hope we get to play yall this year to go play for Gold.

From Glenn