GREENBACK @ GCA

orngnblk

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one is too close to call for me. After seeing the box score of the Midway game, not sure if the Wave is bad or GCA found the gear that we have all been waiting for. This game will tell the tale. I look for Greenback to try and control the clock and keep the Rams offense off the field. With that being said, I am not so sure they can do that. The Defense seems to be pretty stingy for GCA this year. I also didn't know about all the drama with Ridge. I know it is in the past but I always assumed people were happy with him down in those parts? I never imagined that people thought he was just in it for himself. Looking back it does seem like he could never get ALL the pieces of the puzzle put together. Good luck to both teams and hoping for an injury free contest.

Hey guys Glenn here. How fast is Greenback this year? I saw they played was same as Whitwell. Whitwell isn't very fast. Greenback barely beat that team Whitwell beat by just two scores. So I'm wondering if you guys have been working on your fastness. A couple years ago you were kinda fast but not real fast. The Pirates are really fast sometimes then other times just pretty fast and then other times just kinda fast. I guess it depends on which Pirate team plays when we play the Greenback. Good luck this week. I hope we get to play yall this year to go play for Gold.

From Glenn

Glenn GB is pretty fast most of the time,if we knock holes up front we are really fast.I dont know which Harriman team showed up at Whitwell but the Harriman team that rushed for 280 yrds against GB is a pretty good football team.If they keep improving they will be a hard out in the playoffs,not too many teams are going to rush for almost 300 yrds against this GB team on this side of Nashville. Edited by orngnblk

Glenn GB is pretty fast most of the time,if we knock holes up front we are really fast.I dont know which Harriman team showed up at Whitwell but the Harriman team that rushed for 280 yrds against GB is a pretty good football team.If they keep improving they will be a hard out in the playoffs,not too many teams are going to rush for almost 300 yrds against this GB team on this side of Nashville.

Very true...As for that Harriman/Whitwell game it was at Whitwell.  An if Harriman had the same kind of luck with the referees from down that way as we do, then that could've had a big factor in that outcome.  Cause after this past Friday I find it hard to believe Whitwell won by 12 points.

I guess that's a yes? I saw your TV game earlier this year. Didn't think anything had changed. Funny you said that about the single wing. We put that in several weeks ago. I guess it's some of the Oneida influence starting to bleed over. I couldn't believe it when I saw them line up in it. It's pretty cool to watch, you just can't find the ball.

I guess that's a yes? I saw your TV game earlier this year. Didn't think anything had changed. Funny you said that about the single wing. We put that in several weeks ago. I guess it's some of the Oneida influence starting to bleed over. I couldn't believe it when I saw them line up in it. It's pretty cool to watch, you just can't find the ball.

Have to contain with the ends and tackle everything.

True.....our Jr. High has used it for years and since no one ever sees it, by the time you get a bead on things the game is over.  Once saw the entire defense try to cover the right side....next thing you know one of our little runts was running all alone down the left side of the field....?!?!  Must have snuck that thing in his underbritches for the first 10 yards because no one saw him.  75 yards he went and I don't think a single defender got within 15 yards of him.  They were closer to him at the start of the play than they were in the end. 

That might be the single wing in a nutshell :thumb:

Kaz

True.....our Jr. High has used it for years and since no one ever sees it, by the time you get a bead on things the game is over.  Once saw the entire defense try to cover the right side....next thing you know one of our little runts was running all alone down the left side of the field....?!?!  Must have snuck that thing in his underbritches for the first 10 yards because no one saw him.  75 yards he went and I don't think a single defender got within 15 yards of him.  They were closer to him at the start of the play than they were in the end. 

That might be the single wing in a nutshell :thumb:

Kaz

Richland ran it against us in Nashville in 1987 it didnt do much for them 32-0!