9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

With a Gallatin win, they would finish 7-3 (better than last years record of 6-4).  They would finish two games better than Beech (overall record, but one game behind in district record), and play on the road.  Wouldn't you like to be in the Shelbyville, Lawrence County district?  I would rather play Lawrence County or Shelbyville on the road than be a #4 or #5 and face Hillsboro in the second round.  I also think only three teams from 9AAA make the playoffs this year.  All Sumner County Schools.  H'ville, Beech, and Gallatin.

If you look at the 6-AAA numbers looks like most of the 5 win teams will get in which means SC is in, MJ will get in based on who they play next week and WC has a chance. There are currently 20 teams with 6 wins, 6 teams with 5 wins and 10 teams with 4 wins. At least 6 teams with 5 wins will get in and probably more.

If you look at the 6-AAA numbers looks like most of the 5 win teams will get in which means SC is in, MJ will get in based on who they play next week and WC has a chance. There are currently 20 teams with 6 wins, 6 teams with 5 wins and 10 teams with 4 wins. At least 6 teams with 5 wins will get in and probably more.

Usually in 6-A it has taken a 6-4 record to get in. This year has not been as kind to the larger schools.

In general, the SC fans are usually the most boisterous and somewhat outrageous (ex: Chickie, bisontruth, etc.)  They seem to look at their team in ways that no one else sees.  However, I find it hilarious now that a win over Portland is now considered a good win.  No disrespect to Portland, but their talent level does not match anyone else's in 9AAA.  Congrats to Kyle, everyone says he is a tight end prospect at the next level.  I do not believe that the Bison can play with Hendersonville.  If they do make the play-offs this year.  They will be little more than a speed bump for someone in the first round.

None taken, you beat me to it. SC beat the smallest school in our district. We are down 3-4 two way starters on off/def including the qb, (though the qb Friday did quite well) and they are filling these holes with mostly inexperienced Sophomores, who are learning under fire. I love our kids to death, they have fought harder than expected all year. For SC to be trailing almost the entire first qtr, they have a lot of work to do. Their qb had a decent night, good strong arm, rec drop too many balls. Their rb is talented as well, and flat ran over our line. BUT, IF, all that didnt happen, then they are in a sad state of affairs. Funny, in our district SC has only beat Leb, WC, and us, and we beat Leb. But thanks for considering us a big win hahaha.Good luck to everyone in the playoffs. I really, really see Gallatin and Hendersonville as the top teams in our district, no disrespect to the Bucs, but they dont have a running game and passing game, but WC does have great speed. We havent played MJ yet, they are our final game. Praying for a safe game Thursday night as we welcome the bears. BK I will get photos of your son, and if any other MJ parents on here, just give me their number, its no problem.

Here is the link to my fb page for the Station Camp parents :https://www.facebook.com/randy.dixon.35/media_set?set=a.10203079670087917.1073741985.1090911915&type=3

Edited by SOUTHERNFRIED

Southernfried, I admire the attitude , heart and desire  the Panthers play with. They are undermanned in just about every game and yet they come out fighting and give their all. No one can ask for more of a team.

With a win Thursday it looks like MJ might get in the playoffs with a little help from others. I have already heard from my son and some other players how hard Portland plays and we better be ready to go.

Hope your son is doing well in his recovery. He is a very good ball player.

I appreciate the pictures. I know the parents of 16, and 52 would greatly appreciate some pictures too. A little bitter sweet for those of us with sons that are seniors knowing their high football career is about over.

Looking forward to our trip to Portland Thursday!

I know this is late but hats off to the Gallatin Team for their win Friday night-Took a lot of guts going for 2 at the end for the win.

It was another game that MJ led in the 4rth quarter but let get away.

I really hope Gallatin is a game that MJ manages to keep when they move to the new district-great rivalry, great gate and great fans on both sides.

Good luck to everyone this week-especially the seniors. I know it is very tough for them when their High School Careers end but there is life after High School Football.

Hopefully they learned something along the way that will help them later in life.

Also to the people who don't believe we should be in.... We took two tough losses, and could have easily won 7 games. We are a well coached team and can be competitive vs good competition. I dont think there is any question about that. If MJ makes it hopefully that will mean MJ, Hville, Gallatin, and Beech all make it in. No need for SC to make it. Talk about a team that is undeserved for the playoffs.

Edited by MJGOLDENBEARS

Predictions for this week, guys?

Before the delirious minded Station Camp folk get on here... I fully expect Hendersonville get back to usual ways and beat the camp (once again) for the 7th time in 7 years. Beech game this week was close and Hville almost beat themselves, but I don't expect this one to be..

Question is, what will the pompous (for no reason) Station Camp fans think when their team goes back to their usual place as the 4th best of the Sumner 4? You've really separated yourselves from Hville/Gallatin/Beech... and not in a good way.

• Upvote 1