9-AAA part 2

MJGOLDENBEARS

Seems like the Green Wave has surprised you the last 2 years. Lebanon was a disappointment.

Yes they have.  I honestly think they have surprised everyone.  Early on in both years I thought I was right about them too!  Some how, some way... they seem to get it together and make my predictions look silly.  Both games that I saw them the last two years they looked bad and made a run.

If I were you I would want me to keep picking them in the bottom four.  Unfortunately for you I don't think I will be next year!

Yes they have. I honestly think they have surprised everyone. Early on in both years I thought I was right about them too! Some how, some way... they seem to get it together and make my predictions look silly. Both games that I saw them the last two years they looked bad and made a run.

If I were you I would want me to keep picking them in the bottom four. Unfortunately for you I don't think I will be next year!

They are a complete 180 from the 1st 4 games. Next year Hendersonville, Beech and Gallatin should compete for the #1 spot.

MJ freshmen win their bowl game over Lebanon .....they finish the season 7-0. Congrats... Hopefully that can translate to the varsity level over the next few years.

Heard the score was 18-14. Lebanon freshmen had a good season. Let's hope that translates to the varsity level.

Southernfried, I admire the attitude , heart and desire  the Panthers play with. They are undermanned in just about every game and yet they come out fighting and give their all. No one can ask for more of a team.

With a win Thursday it looks like MJ might get in the playoffs with a little help from others. I have already heard from my son and some other players how hard Portland plays and we better be ready to go.

Hope your son is doing well in his recovery. He is a very good ball player.

I appreciate the pictures. I know the parents of 16, and 52 would greatly appreciate some pictures too. A little bitter sweet for those of us with sons that are seniors knowing their high football career is about over.

Looking forward to our trip to Portland Thursday!

Thanks BK, so thats #16, #34, and #52. Got it.....thanks, he is doing a lot better. He passed his examine to finish the season last week, but, when asked to bench the bar he couldnt. The kid weighs 160, maxxed at 255 in the Spring, and now cant bench the bar. So he needs to sit. LOL. But everyday we feel we made the right decision not to operate, as he gets stronger ever day. May have even been a blessing in disguise....dont know how MJ looks, but, all the teams we played this year, Gallatin was the best all around team. They were clicking. Beech couldnt throw it, so they ran it and ran it well, Lebanon, well, if we played them 10 times we'd both be 5-5, SC was just dysfunctional, had a good qb and rb, and not much else, WC had great speed, but that was about it, Hville, we never saw their starters, so I cant comment about them, but maybe they should have played their starters more during the season, no reason they should be getting winded now. Course. my perceptions are coming from a person that never played a day in his life, but, I know what I see, lol. Us, well, we were short handed, in every facet of the game, except for heart. I mean we had one kid tape his shoulder every week together just to get on the field, qb trying to play with a dislocated knee cap, mine trying to get back from a AC shoulder separation with two ruptured ligaments, multiple concussions among the players, and the list goes on. Knowing they were going to get the crap knocked out of them, EVERY WEEK. In fact the starting rb and full back "like" my photos on fb with the caption "still grinding" on their photos as they are being tackled. That was pretty much the entire teams attitude this year, "dont stop grinding"....Love these kids.  

I know Coach Trey Perry will want revenge against Gallatin... Hopefully we will schedule Gallatin as one of our out of district games. There is no game I want more than that.

Trey Perry career wins

Lebanon 2

WC 2

Antioch 2

SC 1

Portland 1

The list of teams he wants revenge against is growing rapidly and with the new district next year it will increase.

Trey Perry career wins

Lebanon 2

WC 2

Antioch 2

SC 1

Portland 1

The list of teams he wants revenge against is growing rapidly and with the new district next year it will increase.

OH look another outsider looking in... Well just to inform you... Mount Juliet will be much improved the next few years. Our 8th grade, freshman, and JV teams were undefeated this year. Yeah i know tell me the whole "Oh that does not matter it only matters what the Varsity does" Unfortunately it does matter and you will be eating crow for your negative statements. So please remember this post next year. By the way don't forget our 2 state semi appearances in a row while your pondering about how you will be wrong. Sorry that my fellow 9-AAA buddies have to hear me rant and state things over and over. Hey have to let people know when their wrong.