Carter

Catholic

Central

Clinton

Fulton

Gibbs

Seymour

Union County

My guess is about 7 per region .. the 1st 7 you mention would be the ones I would think .. Seymour and union Co would go to your guess is as good as mine ... 

But would the TSSAA have a 9 team region? Or move Union County or Seymour to the proposed league with Greeneville? Poor Union County is traveling no matter where they are placed

They say that they will put pins on the map and draw regions, same as they do now for playoff quads.  Unlike the playoffs, where quads have to have eight teams, region size can vary.  In difficult cases, travel times will trump region size.  If Signal stays in 3A, our region in Chattanooga may very well have nine teams.

They say that they will put pins on the map and draw regions, same as they do now for playoff quads.  Unlike the playoffs, where quads have to have eight teams, region size can vary.  In difficult cases, travel times will trump region size.  If Signal stays in 3A, our region in Chattanooga may very well have nine teams.

Union County and Seymour are odd positions where they're not close to anything really. Seymour is closer than Union County to Knox County.  Would Seymour or Union County be willing to travel to Kingsport or Bristol for games? Will any West TN teams move up to 4A?

Edited by QSouth89

This is my best guess looking at the map. But there are some real challenges. One has already been noted with the Knoxville Region. Would they really put nine teams in one region? Another challenge is with a school like Hardin County or Livingston. They are just not near many schools. I'm sure someone could come up with a better grouping, but this is my shot at it:

Region 1

Grainger, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Cherokee, Greeneville

Region 2

Seymour, Carter, Gibbs, Central, Catholic, Clinton, Anderson, Fulton, Union County

Region 3

Sequoyah, Hixson, Chatt. Central, East Hamilton, Cumberland County, Stone Memorial

Region 4

Livingston, Macon Co., Portland, White House, Springfield

Region 5

Lawrence Co., Giles Co., Marshall Co., Tullahoma, Paige, Spring Hill, Hardin County

Region 6

Northwest, Kenwood, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Hillwood, Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood

Region 7 

Chester County, Northside, Crockett Co., Lexington, Dyer Co., Obion County

Region 8

Millington, Craigmont, Kingsbury, Ridgeway, Kirby, Ripley, Haywood

This is my best guess looking at the map. But there are some real challenges. One has already been noted with the Knoxville Region. Would they really put nine teams in one region? Another challenge is with a school like Hardin County or Livingston. They are just not near many schools. I'm sure someone could come up with a better grouping, but this is my shot at it:

Region 1

Grainger, Sullivan East, Sullivan Central, Sullivan South, Volunteer, Cherokee, Greeneville

Region 2

Seymour, Carter, Gibbs, Central, Catholic, Clinton, Anderson, Fulton, Union County

Region 3

Sequoyah, Hixson, Chatt. Central, East Hamilton, Cumberland County, Stone Memorial

Region 4

Region 5

Lawrence Co., Giles Co., Marshall Co., Tullahoma, Paige, Spring Hill, Hardin County

Region 6

Northwest, Kenwood, Montgomery Central, Creek Wood, Hillwood, Lipscomb, Pearl-Cohn, Maplewood

Region 7

Region 8

Springfield would probably be in Region 6 since it's so close to Clarksville. Unless some teams move up its going to hurt some teams.

Region 1

Region 2

Region 3

Region 4

Region 5

Region 6

Region 7 

Region 8

I think Hardin County would be in Region 7 with the rest of the West TN teams.

If Elizabethton moves up I see no reason why Johnson County would not move also. That would be atleast a 2hour probably more trip to West Greene and Unicoi might move also. If all 3 move then that would be a 9 team district which is good because you can still play 2 money games.

Edited by Tab

EHS will do what they can to move up, the current outlook for us is Johnson County and Unicoi being the closest with possibly CD and West Greene as well as another Greene Co or Hamblin Co school. EHS would much rather play in the 4A conference as travel would be significanly less.

As for Gville leaving one weak conference for another, this conference could steamroll the BRAC outside of GHS. If EHS moves up you'll have a consistent 3 way battle annually for the conference championship.

Unless Alcoa plays up to 3A, it would be better to stay put.