Who will Powell get for a coach now?

vol4life2

I have heard that Allen has lawyered up and wants his job back...on the grounds of unjust firing? HTV any news there?

None. First I have heard of it.  

The interview process is underway.  He is not going to be back as the head football coach because a coach in Knox County, just as in any school system, serves at the pleasure of the administration.  They don't have to have a reason to make a change.  

And it is my understanding that he had already tended his resignation effective at the end of the season when the investigation began, so I don't see what grounds he would have to in that case, but I am not a lawyer so I can't say for sure.  

Didn't really wanna read through 18 pages, but has the OC from Clinton applied?  Can anyone confirm that he has or hasn't?  I agree with Mav on the bar being lowered and that being an attractive piece for a prospective young head coach.  It's also not like Powell has been a perennial doormat forever like many places either.  What that shows a coach is that there IS potential if he is willing to really put in the work.  Many coaches like the title and the perks of being a football coach, but in all reality are just eating up jobs and pay.  Powell seems like they need a grinder.  Someone who is willing to burn down the house if need be.  Someone patient enough to trust the process of doing it right.  

Just a rumor I heard...probably nothing to it...but you can not be fired for wins and losses and if it was found that the allegations were not true...Powell and KCS better hope he is not hiring a lawyer.

Plenty of coaches with "winning" records are replaced every year, just as are coaches with losing records.  If a coach has tenure then they can't lose their teaching positions, but they can be replaced as a coach.  

Not going to get in to a pissing contest over it, because isn't really not an issue here, but wins and losses do get coaches terminated from coaching positions.  

Edited by HTV

My goodness why so short....Im not in a pissing contest with you. Just asking the Powell guy that knows all to answer if he had heard that.

Hope he is gone. But for the record. TSSAA rule is that a coach may not be fired for wins and losses. Period

I'll answer for HTV on this one...   TSSAA has absolutely NO say in who KCS hires/fires in any sport for any reason.  Even if this were a rule (which I doubt it is), it is completely unenforceable.

My goodness why so short....Im not in a pissing contest with you. Just asking the Powell guy that knows all to answer if he had heard that.

Hope he is gone. But for the record. TSSAA rule is that a coach may not be fired for wins and losses. Period

This was your quote: 

"but you can not be fired for wins and losses" 

I was simply pointing out to you that this is wrong, and that I wasn't going to get in to an argument over it.  Your statement is just plain wrong.  If your statement was correct, coaches could simply refuse to leave when they are fired, which we all know just isn't the case.  

Just a rumor I heard...probably nothing to it...but you can not be fired for wins and losses and if it was found that the allegations were not true...Powell and KCS better hope he is not hiring a lawyer.

Tennessee is an at-will state which means you can be fired at anytime for any reason, with very few exceptions. Even if he was getting a lawyer he would be wasting his money.