2A play offs

reaction

RedRage, I didn't see your response. Pretty disappointed in your post. You and I both know that Quad 4 is much more competitive and I have been ragging the Cards about the cupcake walk to the semis. It is a cupcake walk compared to what Trenton Peabody, Mitchell, TCA or Huntingdon will have. Two of the teams in that quad have been beaten by AVille by 30 points or more. That's no disrespect it's just a fact.

Mission accomplished !!! .......... Pot stirred ! 😜😜

Really depends on if Boyd goes quad one or if mtcs or forrest goes to three. In two you have a possibility of Mc trousdale forrest Boyd mtcs Whitwell Jackson co? And their May be more that I'm not sure of.

With Boyd winning their District, they will likely remain in their natural quad.  The way things stand, there will be 3 teams shifting east from Quad 4 (likely not that many after next week).  That would put 2 teams out of Quad 3 into Quad 2.  Whitwell and Jackson County would likely end up in Quad 1 as a result. 

With Boyd winning their District, they will likely remain in their natural quad.  The way things stand, there will be 3 teams shifting east from Quad 4 (likely not that many after next week).  That would put 2 teams out of Quad 3 into Quad 2.  Whitwell and Jackson County would likely end up in Quad 1 as a result. 

Who do you think Whitwell might be playing in this sceniro?

With Boyd winning their District, they will likely remain in their natural quad. The way things stand, there will be 3 teams shifting east from Quad 4 (likely not that many after next week). That would put 2 teams out of Quad 3 into Quad 2. Whitwell and Jackson County would likely end up in Quad 1 as a result.

Quads are not picked by seeding or record ! Only from east to west ! T$$AA starts in in Q 1 sets six from the most eastern point and moves to next Quad !

Quads are not picked by seeding or record ! Only from east to west ! T$$AA starts in in Q 1 sets six from the most eastern point and moves to next Quad !

I didn't say they were.  However, there will never be more than 6 teams in their natural quad.  As the current map shows, there are 9 in quad 4. There would be 6 teams in Quad 4 which is their natural quad. Quad 1 would have 5 natural quad teams and 1 from Quad 2. 

Edit:  Winning the District will anchor a team in their natural quad and finishing 2nd will help anchor them there.  It comes down to a combination of geography AND seeding for the at large teams and where they end up. 

Edited by rlh

Guest hevyrevy1611

Yeah, this system's playoff set-up is crazy confusing. The new plan coming, in spite of its faults, there will be a better, easier to figure out playoff scheme. Don't know about who wins Quad 1 & 2 this year in 2A, but imo it's TCA & Adamsville who are frontrunners to be other two in final four. We'll soon see!

I didn't say they were.  However, there will never be more than 6 teams in their natural quad.  As the current map shows, there are 9 in quad 4. There would be 6 teams in Quad 4 which is their natural quad. Quad 1 would have 5 natural quad teams and 1 from Quad 2. 

Edit:  Winning the District will anchor a team in their natural quad and finishing 2nd will help anchor them there.  It comes down to a combination of geography AND seeding for the at large teams and where they end up. 

This is simply not true.  The TSSAA will place teams in playoff quads based on geography.  Seeding and where you finish in a district have nothing to do with it.

Edited by ReitzFan

Yeah, this system's playoff set-up is crazy confusing. The new plan coming, in spite of its faults, there will be a better, easier to figure out playoff scheme. Don't know about who wins Quad 1 & 2 this year in 2A, but imo it's TCA & Adamsville who are frontrunners to be other two in final four. We'll soon see!

I agree that our current playoff plan can be confusing at times if you don't have a good grasp of what is going on.  It may be confusing but it has people talking and that generates more interest.  Next years plan will be boring and in many years presenting the same matchups in the first round year after year.  Very boring and very predictable. It will also result in lower gates and playoff fields that will be severely watered down in 1A and 2A from what we now currently enjoy with the Z plan.  Next years playoff plan is alot like our current educational system.  It's being dumbed down so more can understand and participate.  The TSSAA is basically saying to heck with a quality playoff field.  We want more numbers. 

This is simply not true.  The TSSAA will place teams in playoff quads without regards to geography or district finish.  

District Champions will in fact be in their natural quads.  In most cases so will 2nd place teams, especially if the District champ is a 1a team meaning they end up in the 1a bracket.

Edited by rlh

I didn't say they were. However, there will never be more than 6 teams in their natural quad. As the current map shows, there are 9 in quad 4. There would be 6 teams in Quad 4 which is their natural quad. Quad 1 would have 5 natural quad teams and 1 from Quad 2.

Edit: Winning the District will anchor a team in their natural quad and finishing 2nd will help anchor them there. It comes down to a combination of geography AND seeding for the at large teams and where they end up.

Two years ago Adamsville was district champs and moved to quad 3. Last year Adamsville was district runner up and was moved to Quad 3. Where you finish in district doesn't necessarily mean you will be in your natural quad.