2A play offs

reaction

I agree that our current playoff plan can be confusing at times if you don't have a good grasp of what is going on. It may be confusing but it has people talking and that generates more interest. Next years plan will be boring and in many years presenting the same matchups in the first round year after year. Very boring and very predictable. It will also result in lower gates and playoff fields that will be severely watered down in 1A and 2A from what we now currently enjoy with the Z plan. Next years playoff plan is alot like our current educational system. It's being dumbed down so more can understand and participate. The TSSAA is basically saying to heck with a quality playoff field. We want more numbers.

Yeah, as if 3 win teams getting in the play offs isn't watered down. The way it is now many teams actually can get in with 1 win as long as it's a district win. And yes I do have a fair grasp on how the Z plan works. Edited by crow

Yeah, as if 3 win teams getting in the play offs isn't watered down. The way it is now many teams actually can get in with 1 win as long as it's a district win. And yes I do have a fair grasp on how the Z plan works.

Yeah, as if 3 win teams getting in the play offs isn't watered down. The way it is now many teams actually can get in with 1 win as long as it's a district win. And yes I do have a fair grasp on how the Z plan works.

I assume that you are referring to Loretto qualifying for the playoffs with a 3-7 record this season.  They did finish second in their district with a 2-1 record, so by rule they are in.  

You really don't know the Z Plan very well though.  It is impossible for a team to be an automatic qualifier under the Z Plan in 2A with only one district win.  That would only be possible if there were a three team district.  Since there are none, your point is invalid.  Having wild cards fill the remainder of the playoff field based on overall number of wins assures us that no one win team will make it as a wild card under our current format.  Again, your theory is invalid.  This year it does appear that it will take at least five wins to make it as a wild card.  Even with that, all of the five win teams won't make the show.

Under next years playoff format that you seem to prefer, if there is a four team district, it is possible for a team with zero overall wins to make the playoffs. In a 5 team district, it will be possible for a one win team to be in the show provided it was a district win.  In a six team district next year, two overall wins will get you in if they are district wins.  Next year in a six team district, you could finish 5th in your district with a 1-4 district record and you could have an overall record of 6-4 and not make the show while a team that goes 2-8 could qualify in another six team district provided both wins were district wins.  

No, you don't understand the Z Plan at all.   

I assume that you are referring to Loretto qualifying for the playoffs with a 3-7 record this season. They did finish second in their district with a 2-1 record, so by rule they are in.

You really don't know the Z Plan very well though. It is impossible for a team to be an automatic qualifier under the Z Plan in 2A with only one district win. That would only be possible if there were a three team district. Since there are none, your point is invalid. Having wild cards fill the remainder of the playoff field based on overall number of wins assures us that no one win team will make it as a wild card under our current format. Again, your theory is invalid. This year it does appear that it will take at least five wins to make it as a wild card. Even with that, all of the five win teams won't make the show.

Under next years playoff format that you seem to prefer, if there is a four team district, it is possible for a team with zero overall wins to make the playoffs. In a 5 team district, it will be possible for a one win team to be in the show provided it was a district win. In a six team district next year, two overall wins will get you in if they are district wins. Next year in a six team district, you could finish 5th in your district with a 1-4 district record and you could have an overall record of 6-4 and not make the show while a team that goes 2-8 could qualify in another six team district provided both wins were district wins.

No, you don't understand the Z Plan at all.

No, I do understand the Z plan, you sir are being narrow minded. I was referring to to the Z plan as a whole, not 2A only even though this topic is 2A playoffs, you seemed to be speaking in generalizations so I did as well. Across the classes there are several opportunities for 1-9 or 2-8 records to play post season. As for your Loretto assumption, once again you are incorrect, I was not referring to any specific team this season or previous, but I am aware that numerous teams in several classes over the last 6 years have made it in with 3 or less wins. Therefore the level of quality teams making it in that we currently "enjoy" probably won't change all that much. My point was that while there very well could be some not so great teams make it in we already have that so no real change there. You like throwing out the "if" scenario about the region set up. Well my "if" scenario is if the TSSAA makes evenly sized regions then your scenario is no more likely than the TSSAA actually making evenly sized regions. Yes I understand the regional format will not cure all that plagues the post season but the Z plan falls woefully short as well. Not to mention all the scheduling lesser teams due to the importance of overall wins that the Z plan rewarded.

I understand you like the Z plan & have apparently spent some time understanding it. Just because I don't think it is the end all, be all of post season formats please don't assume you know anything about my level of understanding about how it works.

Edited by crow

These are my predictions for the Quads in 2A

You never know with TSSAA....But this is what I came up with

Quad 1 Should Look Like:

1--Oneida

2--Hampton

3--Grace Christian

4--Boyd Buc

5--Rockwood

6--Meigs County

The only way North Greene gets in is if Cosby loses to Unaka.

Quad 2

1--Marion County

2--Midd TN Christian

3--Jackson County

4--Trousdale

5--Whitwell

6--EagleVille

Quad 3

1--Forrest

2--Riverside

3--Huntington

4--Mt Pleasant

5--Scotts Hill

6--Lorretto

Quad 4

1--Trinity Christian

2--Adamsville

3--Peabody

4--McKenzie

5--Hillcrest

6--Mitchell

Im sure this is not accurate.  Just something to discuss.  Many things can change depending on the outcome of this week's games.  Enjoy

TCA- Are you calling Forrest a cupcake? Go on record.

Buddha, I have no problem calling Forrest a cupcake if they were a cupcake. I don't think you are. I really feel like the only two contenders in quad three will be Adamsville and Forrest. The other four would be considered cupcakes compared to the teams in quad 4. I think the finals of quad three will be Adamsville and Forrest but I don't think Forrest Will be competitive for four quarters. Are you a cupcake, no. Are you a serious contender, no.