2A play offs

reaction

Two years ago Adamsville was district champs and moved to quad 3. Last year Adamsville was district runner up and was moved to Quad 3. Where you finish in district doesn't necessarily mean you will be in your natural quad.

Turns out you are correct on Adamsville.  However, they still got a bye in Quad 3 in 2012.  Plus they shifted to a quad to the east and not east west like Red Rage was arguing.  Plus, winning a district or finishing 2nd does have an impact on seeding. The weirdness comes when 1a teams win a district with 2a teams in it.  Plus, there are some districts in Quad 4 the apparently like 1a teams.

Edited by rlh

You are wrong.  District Champions will in fact be in their natural quads.  In most cases so will 2nd place teams, especially if the District champ is a 1a team meaning they end up in the 1a bracket.

I refer you to page 4 of the TSSAA handbook for football

"Once the 24 teams have been selected in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs, the teams will be geographically grouped into four six-team quadrants. 

Priority for seeding once the teams have been placed in their geographic quadrants shall be as follows:  1 teams finishing first in their district will receive first priority. 2 teams finishing second in their district will receive second priority.  3. teams who do not finish first or second in their district and qualify based on their position in the football playoff standings shall  receive last priority."

End Quote

It says nothing about district champions always being placed in their natural quads.

I refer you to page 4 of the TSSAA handbook for football

"Once the 24 teams have been selected in the Class 1A and 2A playoffs, the teams will be geographically grouped into four six-team quadrants. 

Priority for seeding once the teams have been placed in their geographic quadrants shall be as follows:  1 teams finishing first in their district will receive first priority. 2 teams finishing second in their district will receive second priority.  3. teams who do not finish first or second in their district and qualify based on their position in the football playoff standings shall  receive last priority."

End Quote

It says nothing about district champions always being placed in their natural quads.

That's what I said.  How ever, 2a has some districts around Memphis that have no or few 1a teams.  TSSAA is the one the refers to natural quads and geographic quads and use those interchangeably.  My original point was that Quads 1 through 3 have 5 teams in them this week and 9 in quad 4.  No matter how its diced, 3 teams will shift to quad 3 if that holds after Friday. 

That's what I said. How ever, 2a has some districts around Memphis that have no or few 1a teams. TSSAA is the one the refers to natural quads and geographic quads and use those interchangeably. My original point was that Quads 1 through 3 have 5 teams in them this week and 9 in quad 4. No matter how its diced, 3 teams will shift to quad 3 if that holds after Friday.

You nailed it!

Here's hoping Adamsville feels the same way.

Sorry we dont see cupcakes in the middles tennessee districts.  Are their some? yes but no more than anywhere else.  We see challenges in each of the teams we might face in quad 3.  So much so we scouted teams in middle tennessee on our bye week.  Nothing else matters if we dont beat the 2 teams that come to us from our quad 3.

quad 3 could change a little after this weeks games.  I still feel Adamsville, Forrest and Riverside will be in quad 3.  Scotts Hill could be the first team out and not make it even though they are gonna end up 6-4.  If that happens then the quad will include.  Adamsville, Forrest, Riverside, MTP, Loretto, and Eagleville.