Head Coach Openings

nunnford

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harp is doing a great job. terrible comment. you have no idea about it.

Harp might want out after dealing with all of the distractions you have to deal with at Lebanon.  Although they are probably going 0-10, I hope he can stay and get it turned around.  Because if he can't do it, I'm not sure who could.  

Actually I was told they was going to King's Academy to play for Powell former head coach Matt Lowe

Yeah, they did lose some kids to TKA this year. Every Knox County school has to deal with Catholic/Webb/CAK/Grace now, but Powell definitely took it on the chin with all of this coaching turnover. Personally, I think the "issues" that some people seem to mention are overblown. This mess has everything to do with coaches heading out the door. Lowe left for a better situation, as did Kilgore. Rang, who publicly admitted his mistake, was essentially forced out by KCS (not Powell), and we all know the issues with Allen. So out of 4 coaches, I can only point to one that was a total mistake. Heck, I would argue that most of the "issues" are a KCS problem rather than a Powell problem.

Realistically, Powell is never going to be able to get (or keep) a guy like Matt Lowe in the future, primarily due to economics. Sure they'd love a "powell guy", but I think the community just wants to see a coach come in who has some potential (like Rang) but isn't going to completely change everything from the top down (Allen). Who knows how Derek Rang would have worked out, but had he been successful, I think it would have been almost impossible for Powell to keep him.

If Allen is ultimately let go, this coaching search will certainly be a tough one for KCS.

I think that William Blount is going to come open as well after this season. Ridge is an asst. principal/AD plus being the head football coach. That is a lot of responsibility and extremely time consuming. I have heard the will be done and is already in the beginning stages of a coaching search.

Plus, it's Alcoa in week one.

Out of respect for the profession and the men that you are speculating about its best to wait till the job is vacant before discussing them being fired or replaced . Remember they have families and its tough for the wives and children to have to hear this stuff let alone deal with it when and if it happens. You wouldnt want people discussing your employment on an internet site. That being said once the job is vacant then by all means discuss away.