Head Coach Openings

nunnford

I'll be surprised if Jefferson County doesn't go looking for a new coach after this season. They have gone backwards under Kenny Cobble. I'm sure he's a good D-coordinator and disciplinarian, but the past two years he's gone 4-6 and 2-7 so far this year.

Then again, I doubt the JC administration is smart enough make a change.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of respect for the profession and the men that you are speculating about its best to wait till the job is vacant before discussing them being fired or replaced . Remember they have families and its tough for the wives and children to have to hear this stuff let alone deal with it when and if it happens. You wouldnt want people discussing your employment on an internet site. That being said once the job is vacant then by all means discuss away. 

Agree completely otg. But in this case the fellow will be firing or replacing himself as coach but keeping his job. It's sure not that way in most jobs. IMO - he shouldn't be too worried about his job. If he wants to stay, I bet most everyone in LA would be happy to keep him. Personally, I think he should stay and finished what he started. As G91 frequently states, "The turnovers near the goal line are killing us!" WB doesn't need more turnovers. They need to reach the goal.

Out of respect for the profession and the men that you are speculating about its best to wait till the job is vacant before discussing them being fired or replaced . Remember they have families and its tough for the wives and children to have to hear this stuff let alone deal with it when and if it happens. You wouldnt want people discussing your employment on an internet site. That being said once the job is vacant then by all means discuss away. 

The William Blount situtation is unique. Ridge isn't being pressured to resign or about to be fired. I simply wants to take some pressure off himself and have more free time. 

Respect is earned in the coaching profession, bruh. If coaches don't want to be criticized when they're performing poorly at their jobs, they don't need to be leading a team of kids.

The families are a different matter though.

I think that William Blount is going to come open as well after this season. Ridge is an asst. principal/AD plus being the head football coach. That is a lot of responsibility and extremely time consuming. I have heard the will be done and is already in the beginning stages of a coaching search.

It must be time consuming because he cut a ballgame from ten minute quarters one week to save eight minutes of total playing time and the next week he combined the JV and freshmen together to save a whole game so I believe your right.

I'm going to be honest about Ridge even though I've been giving him a hard time about the eight minute quarters. At the first of the season I didn't see them winning but one or two games and they will double that figure unless they fall apart against Bearden. They do have a decent group of younger players coming up and they will get better next year. Yes there are some things Ridge would have to change if he wants to keep getting better but overall the guy hasn't done to bad of a job.

I'm going to be honest about Ridge even though I've been giving him a hard time about the eight minute quarters. At the first of the season I didn't see them winning but one or two games and they will double that figure unless they fall apart against Bearden. They do have a decent group of younger players coming up and they will get better next year. Yes there are some things Ridge would have to change if he wants to keep getting better but overall the guy hasn't done to bad of a job.

Barney,

When Ridge was hired I imagined that things would be alot different than they are right now. I was excited to see him come here because I knew that Greenback was having some success at the time. I am no expert on Greenback but I do know that they always have winning records and make the playoffs. I also know that those kids always play hard and the coaches get the most out of those 30 something kids they have out every year. I guess I thought that culture would be coming to WB when Ridge came and it didn't. Nothing has really changed from Gregory to Ridge. We are still having the exact same problems we had before and in some ways we have taken a step back. Maybe it's a case of Ridge not having the right assistants. If that's the case I hope he can get the help he needs. I do think he is a good guy and loves the school but I'm not gonna sugarcoat things and say i'm happy about the product i'm seeing on friday nights. I just hope Ridge and the others in power will do whatever it takes to fix things because God knows things could be much better than they are right now.

Agree completely otg. But in this case the fellow will be firing or replacing himself as coach but keeping his job. It's sure not that way in most jobs. IMO - he shouldn't be too worried about his job. If he wants to stay, I bet most everyone in LA would be happy to keep him. Personally, I think he should stay and finished what he started. As G91 frequently states, "The turnovers near the goal line are killing us!" WB doesn't need more turnovers. They need to reach the goal.

I know you are making fun of me but that has really been an ongoing problem for us this year. We have had turnovers at or near the goal line in the Hardin Valley game, the Heritage game, Jeff County, Lenoir City, and the West games. As well as multiple turnovers,penalties, and other mistakes inside the redzone. I think that mostly comes down to a lack of discipline. It's pretty frustrating when your offense has moved the ball consistently on most teams you play and outgains alot of those teams in total offense but comes out on the losing end more often than not because they can't finish drives.