Head Coach Openings

nunnford

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it for Allen, his family, and Powell. Having said that... Allen is a complete total control person. At some schools that works and at others it does not. Just to be completely honest with the facts Central needed that. And he made great improvements there. The big problem there was too many parents and kids not getting the team concept. They wanted their kid to be the star. And those people stirred the pot.

Campbell County im sad to say will be looking for a coach and Co Coach.. From a undisclosed source VERY Close to the Price brothers, said 100% the Price twins are gone. VERY Interested in th Florida Gator job But Powell is a program they can take to state.  Sorry but that part is no joke...  : ( 

Edited by bigdady

Gonna be tough for the AD to fire himself!!!!!

Morgan Shinlever isn't the AD at Bearden any longer.  He had to give that position up when he accepted the head football coaching position.  He is back in the classroom as a teacher now.  

Nathan Lynn is now the AD at Bearden.  

I hate it for Allen, his family, and Powell. Having said that... Allen is a complete total control person. At some schools that works and at others it does not. Just to be completely honest with the facts Central needed that. And he made great improvements there. The big problem there was too many parents and kids not getting the team concept. They wanted their kid to be the star. And those people stirred the pot.

Seems like the pot gets stirred no matter where he's been.  His track record says he can't stay in one place too long.  

Maybe it's not the parents and kids that are the problem.  

Edited by HTV

You will Love the Price brothers..

HTV.. Unless you've had a child play for the man you can't judge. I could say maybe Powell is a problem they've been thru coaches too. Right? But no way I can say that. I know nothing about the school.

I had dealings enough with him to be able to have a very solid opinion.  In addition the son of a close relative played under him in Chattanooga, as well, and I have gotten his thoughts as a parent and talked to the son.    And the son was a two year starter under him, so it's not a sour grape situation because the kid didn't play.  

Powell's 3 head coaches prior to the last one:

Matt Lowe - 6 years, 1 appearance in the finals, 2 undefeated regular seasons - really good coach and was very successful.  Left for a private school job and a situation that is really good.

Derek Rang - made the semifinals.  Left because of a classroom issue.  Now the head coach at Dresden.  Did a great job as the head football coach at Powell and would still likely be there if not for the classroom issue and Knox County Schools administration decision not to renew his contract.

Tobi - Kilgore - went 5-5, lost an all state QB and two more QBs all to season ending injury before the year was done.  As Fulmer once said, it was the perfect storm.  Left to go work at Karns as the head football coach and as an administrator.  It was a career step up for him, not to mention a pay raise.  

So, yep, Powell has gone through some coaches.  And they are going to have another one.  

I know you are making fun of me but that has really been an ongoing problem for us this year. We have had turnovers at or near the goal line in the Hardin Valley game, the Heritage game, Jeff County, Lenoir City, and the West games. As well as multiple turnovers,penalties, and other mistakes inside the redzone. I think that mostly comes down to a lack of discipline. It's pretty frustrating when your offense has moved the ball consistently on most teams you play and outgains alot of those teams in total offense but comes out on the losing end more often than not because they can't finish drives.

I really was only poking a little fun G91. You are an eternal optimist when it comes to the future of wb football - a true fanatic. Sometimes I wish I could be more that way with all the teams I pull for. Your attitude is a good thing for the govs. You are one of many gov fans who deserve a winner in LA. Keep up the good work.

Harp is doing a great job. terrible comment. you have no idea about it.

doing a great job? you are kidding aren't you? this program is in ruins. he told his players, "if you don't play harder i'm gone"...well harp anyone who would make such a statement will lose his players soon enough if not already. this hire was brought to us by darian brown who for some reason thinks ky hs football coaches are all that...they aren't darian. you should have hired someone from alabama or texas or even georgia...those guys know football...harp doesn't.