William Blount 2015

Governm

Guest Poohbair1619

How are things shaping up right now?

"Rumor" has it that discussions have taken place and WB is waiting on top candidate to make his decision. A lot of people interested in how this will all shake out......several WB alumni have worked hard to put this move into action.

Oh this is worse than the Powell thread, everybody knows something but no one knows a thing. I could name only five coaches in the whole State of Tennessee that could go there and get things turned around but as the county system is run not a one of those coaches would consider the thought of a crazy move like that. There are to many goofballs and idiots involved in the county system that prevent anything good to happen from the football programs and even if this mystery man were to arrive on the scene those cancers would start eating them alive until they couldn't take it anymore. That is why in thirty six years of playing football at William Blount the best team records are 1991 (8-3), 1999 (8-4), 2006 (7-5) and 2007 (9-3). If Maryville were to post a record like that right now there would be some serious questions to be asked. Even before Heritage and William Blount was created the old Everett High School suffered the same fate. The only saving grace the county system ever had was the small schools before they were consolidated into the system we have today. Walland won the State in 1975 in Single A in a league of schools with enrollments less than 325 students. Porter and Lanier had teams that were good from time to time as well which had coaching staffs of only two usually and three if they were lucky. The county really couldn't screw those up because those were communities which all had good support, backbone and pride which wouldn't allow some clown to come in and mess things up like what you see today. Those were the good times  and if you aren't old enough to remember them ask someone that is and they will tell you the same thing I just said.

Oh this is worse than the Powell thread, everybody knows something but no one knows a thing. I could name only five coaches in the whole State of Tennessee that could go there and get things turned around but as the county system is run not a one of those coaches would consider the thought of a crazy move like that. There are to many goofballs and idiots involved in the county system that prevent anything good to happen from the football programs and even if this mystery man were to arrive on the scene those cancers would start eating them alive until they couldn't take it anymore. That is why in thirty six years of playing football at William Blount the best team records are 1991 (8-3), 1999 (8-4), 2006 (7-5) and 2007 (9-3). If Maryville were to post a record like that right now there would be some serious questions to be asked. Even before Heritage and William Blount was created the old Everett High School suffered the same fate. The only saving grace the county system ever had was the small schools before they were consolidated into the system we have today. Walland won the State in 1975 in Single A in a league of schools with enrollments less than 325 students. Porter and Lanier had teams that were good from time to time as well which had coaching staffs of only two usually and three if they were lucky. The county really couldn't screw those up because those were communities which all had good support, backbone and pride which wouldn't allow some clown to come in and mess things up like what you see today. Those were the good times and if you aren't old enough to remember them ask someone that is and they will tell you the same thing I just said.

And who are those 5 coaches that you think could get things turned around at WB? Because I believe there are lots of coaches out there that could do it. From 97-2007 WB only had one losing season but since '07 the Govs have posted losing records every single year. Now why is it that WB was able to be successful for a decade despite the coaching circus? Because WB was hiring quality coaches. People act as if the situation at WB will require some elite coach but I disagree.. Get a coach in there that can bring discipline and knows what he is doing and the govs will turn around over night. Edited by Governors91

Guest Poohbair1619

Oh this is worse than the Powell thread, everybody knows something but no one knows a thing. I could name only five coaches in the whole State of Tennessee that could go there and get things turned around but as the county system is run not a one of those coaches would consider the thought of a crazy move like that. There are to many goofballs and idiots involved in the county system that prevent anything good to happen from the football programs and even if this mystery man were to arrive on the scene those cancers would start eating them alive until they couldn't take it anymore. That is why in thirty six years of playing football at William Blount the best team records are 1991 (8-3), 1999 (8-4), 2006 (7-5) and 2007 (9-3). If Maryville were to post a record like that right now there would be some serious questions to be asked. Even before Heritage and William Blount was created the old Everett High School suffered the same fate. The only saving grace the county system ever had was the small schools before they were consolidated into the system we have today. Walland won the State in 1975 in Single A in a league of schools with enrollments less than 325 students. Porter and Lanier had teams that were good from time to time as well which had coaching staffs of only two usually and three if they were lucky. The county really couldn't screw those up because those were communities which all had good support, backbone and pride which wouldn't allow some clown to come in and mess things up like what you see today. Those were the good times  and if you aren't old enough to remember them ask someone that is and they will tell you the same thing I just said.

Hey Barney, just trying to stay politically correct by not naming the two coaches I have heard mentioned. No reason to put their names on this message board while they are talking this over and trying to make a decision. I am sure a decision will be made soon and "if" WB gets their coach (es) you will know what they are capable of doing for that school. "Ripple effect " will be interesting

And who are those 5 coaches that you think could get things turned around at WB? Because I believe there are lots of coaches out there that could do it. From 97-2007 WB only had one losing season but since '07 the Govs have posted losing records every single year. Now why is it that WB was able to be successful for a decade despite the coaching circus? Because WB was hiring quality coaches. People act as if the situation at WB will require some elite coach but I disagree.. Get a coach in there that can bring discipline and knows what he is doing and the govs will turn around over night.

Gov the county isn't going to let a coach come in and change the majority of the coaching staff is why none of those coaches would consider that task, If W.B. was smart they would do what ever it took to bring Scott Meadows back. The people that wouldn't see to that the last time were the people I refer to as goofballs because they set and cut their nose off to spite their face. One thing I saw this year that some people thought was good but in my opinion wasn't and that was combining the two middle school football programs. Someone needed to be out promoting getting kids interested in football instead of the route they went. Maryville has feeder systems feeding the program which help keep an ample supply of good ball players coming down the pike. There has to be a major lack of effort not to be able to get twenty five or thirty kids to play football from both of those schools.

Gov the county isn't going to let a coach come in and change the majority of the coaching staff is why none of those coaches would consider that task, If W.B. was smart they would do what ever it took to bring Scott Meadows back. The people that wouldn't see to that the last time were the people I refer to as goofballs because they set and cut their nose off to spite their face. One thing I saw this year that some people thought was good but in my opinion wasn't and that was combining the two middle school football programs. Someone needed to be out promoting getting kids interested in football instead of the route they went. Maryville has feeder systems feeding the program which help keep an ample supply of good ball players coming down the pike. There has to be a major lack of effort not to be able to get twenty five or thirty kids to play football from both of those schools.

What are you talking about? The Govs new middle school team won 4 or 5 games this year and were competitive in every single game they lost. Why is that signifigant? Because last year both individual schools had 1 win between them. To go from 1 win to 4 or 5 is a huge improvement. Edited by Governors91

Hey Barney, just trying to stay politically correct by not naming the two coaches I have heard mentioned. No reason to put their names on this message board while they are talking this over and trying to make a decision. I am sure a decision will be made soon and "if" WB gets their coach (es) you will know what they are capable of doing for that school. "Ripple effect " will be interesting

I understand. A very good high school coach told me one time if he were the coach at either one of the two county schools he would have closed practices to keep the parents out. T.H. pretty much told them when he came in at Heritage it would be his way and if you didn't like it there was the door and half walked out but he got rid of a lot of problems. I do hear W.B. has had a lot of the same problems in it's past. One of my high school coaches told me back when he played and a parent showed up at practice something had to have happened for them to be there. Now days you have the famous agent dad or the hang on the fence guy or the gossiping mom that could tell you what they had for lunch that day at school or everyone's underware size. Most are very active in their kids life to the point they are trying to relive their lives through their kids. All in all that's okay until you cross the line and start trying to bend the coaches. That goes on everyplace I guess but some worse than others.

What are you talking about? The Govs new middle school team won 4 or 5 games this year and were competitive in every single game they lost. Why is that signifigant? Because last year both individual schools had 1 win between them. To go from 1 win to 4 or 5 is a huge improvement.

Well I guess you didn't read what I wrote about the feeder programs that pour into Maryville. T.H. is out building Heritage youth programs from the ground up while on W.B.'s side of the fence is cancelling theirs. As a coach I would want as many feeder programs pouring into my team as possible. When you have to take two schools and put them together to have one football team then something is wrong or no one cares.

Well I guess you didn't read what I wrote about the feeder programs that pour into Maryville. T.H. is out building Heritage youth programs from the ground up while on W.B.'s side of the fence is cancelling theirs. As a coach I would want as many feeder programs pouring into my team as possible. When you have to take two schools and put them together to have one football team then something is wrong or no one cares.

Barney,

Are you insane? The purpose of combining the two middle schools is to get those kids used to playing together so they have good team chemistry by the time they get to high school. Plus they got a dang good coach coaching them. That middle school team is nothing but a good thing for our High school football program.