William Blount 2015

Governm

Guest Poohbair1619

Barney,

Are you insane? The purpose of combining the two middle schools is to get those kids used to playing together so they have good team chemistry by the time they get to high school. Plus they got a dang good coach coaching them. That middle school team is nothing but a good thing for our High school football program.

The combined middle school teams was one of the smartest moves that has been made along with hiring Rick Young. That team was very competitive and WB will benefit from this move.

Guest Poohbair1619
+1

So do those in power at WB have back-up plans if they don't get their 1st choice?[/quote

Have not heard what or who second choice would be...... have only gotten info second hand but this group of alumni along with some WB administration wants to make this football program a contender. I hope WB is able to pull this move off, waiting game is now on and hoping for good news over the holidays

+1

So do those in power at WB have back-up plans if they don't get their 1st choice?[/quote

Have not heard what or who second choice would be...... have only gotten info second hand but this group of alumni along with some WB administration wants to make this football program a contender. I hope WB is able to pull this move off, waiting game is now on and hoping for good news over the holidays

Well I really hope they can get something done to make us a contender because it's long overdue.

Guest Poohbair1619

ame="Poohbair1619" post="3299102" timestamp="1418711998"]

Well I really hope they can get something done to make us a contender because it's long overdue.

If this coach says yes and his defensive coach comes with him, WB will turn the corner (will take some time) but should see some results from day one. Will be a process but will bring in a plan that is proven to work at the highest level 😉 Edited by Poohbair1619

Without mentioning names, because I don't know the name, has WB cinsidered pursuing the coach at Rhea County? I think he developed a winning program in the knoxville area before leaving and now has it going on in rhea county. They were within a hair of making 5A championship. I also assume blount county also pays more than rhea so the numbers may work a little easier.

Does anyone have any reliable information about a coaching change? I checked the Blount county website and they have not posted an opening. Someone in the know can correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't school systems, Blount county at least, legally required to post open positions? I believe they are in order to prevent nepotism; I don't think an athletic director, principal, and alumni can make that decision without approval by the superintendent. So, if the position hasn't been posted I wouldn't put in stock in it.

Does anyone have any reliable information about a coaching change? I checked the Blount county website and they have not posted an opening. Someone in the know can correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't school systems, Blount county at least, legally required to post open positions? I believe they are in order to prevent nepotism; I don't think an athletic director, principal, and alumni can make that decision without approval by the superintendent. So, if the position hasn't been posted I wouldn't put in stock in it.

I can't believe you put Blount County and nepotism in the same paragraph!