Gallatin vs Springfield

GWAVE1

If we don't stop them early, which we failed to do earlier this year, Springfield will beat us again.

Good point. Very athletic Springfield squad. It bothers me that nobody is giving Springfield much of a chance. The Yellow Jackets are very capable of beating Gallatin, they have proved that. Gallatin will have to contain those backs while shooting down the very fast Barbee. That kid can fly.

Good point. Very athletic Springfield squad. It bothers me that nobody is giving Springfield much of a chance. The Yellow Jackets are very capable of beating Gallatin, they have proved that. Gallatin will have to contain those backs while shooting down the very fast Barbee. That kid can fly.

This reminds me of how everyone viewed the game the 1st time, most didn't give the Jackets a shot, even though they don't seem to be playing as well now, thought maybe they would have a little more respect this time around, oh well that is why they play the game.....

This reminds me of how everyone viewed the game the 1st time, most didn't give the Jackets a shot, even though they don't seem to be playing as well now, thought maybe they would have a little more respect this time around, oh well that is why they play the game.....

We have had only two "good years" (8-3 in 2010 and 7-3 in 2014) out of the past eight seasons (combined 17-45 in the other 6 seasons).  That is what is fueling some of the lack of respect on here.  WE HAVE to re-earn our opponents respect. The Coaches Wilson and their staff can re-earn the respect over time.  I couldn't be any prouder of them than I am right now.  I freely admit that I had my doubts the first couple of seasons and they have proven me wrong and I am so very glad they did.

Edited by TheCommissioner

We have had only two "good years" (8-3 in 2010 and 7-3 in 2014) out of the past eight seasons (combined 17-45 in the other 6 seasons). That is what is fueling some of the lack of respect on here. WE HAVE to re-earn our opponents respect. The Coaches Wilson and their staff can re-earn the respect over time. I couldn't any prouder of them than I am right now. I freely admit that I had my doubts the first couple of seasons and they have proven me wrong and I am so very glad they did.

I believe Coach Williams here in Gallatin has had that same problem. His first year was dismal but he instituted change and it took some time. Last year the boys really bought into his system and despite some setbacks had a really solid year. This year despite some injuries the team rallied together and did what nobody thought they could end up going 7-3. This team and staff are headed in the right direction no matter the outcome of Fridays game.

Commish, Kevin, and GWAVE1 took the words right out of my mouth. Springfield did lose 3 of their last 4: 1 to the defending state champ in 5A, 1 to a 6A playoff team, and 1 to a team fighting for their playoff life having to win to get in in a game where 3 Springfield QBs were injured.

The talk is eerily familiar to the first meeting. I have no doubt Gallatin is a much better team the second time around. I just hope (actually I do) people aren't overlooking the Yellow Jackets. They will come to play, and I for one cannot wait for Friday to get here!! Should be one heck of a game!

Now have any of you yahoos over there have any individual stats to share with us? Just how many yards do those runningbacks and Barbee have?

Wish I could help. I know we have a stat guy on the sidelines during the game, and I believe he turns them into the Tennessean after the game. I am not sure where to find them though.

We have had only two "good years" (8-3 in 2010 and 7-3 in 2014) out of the past eight seasons (combined 17-45 in the other 6 seasons). That is what is fueling some of the lack of respect on here. WE HAVE to re-earn our opponents respect. The Coaches Wilson and their staff can re-earn the respect over time. I couldn't be any prouder of them than I am right now. I freely admit that I had my doubts the first couple of seasons and they have proven me wrong and I am so very glad they did.

I don't mean respect in the sense of a consistent winner, but rather winning earlier this year after not anyone giving them a shot,I agree with the way they are playing they should be favored but some of the predicted scores are ridiculous.....

I don't mean respect in the sense of a consistent winner, but rather winning earlier this year after not anyone giving them a shot,I agree with the way they are playing they should be favored but some of the predicted scores are ridiculous.....

With all due respect, if Gallatin plays their best game, and Springfield doesn't... It could get ugly. However with this game having the playoff atmosphere, especially the fact that this game is at Springfield... I see a reasonably close game in favor Gallatin.