Midway @ Red Boiling Springs

swanson71

What type of crowd did yall have at home later on during this season?

We've been having good crowds this year, even at Trousdale Co. we traveled pretty well considering the amount of people we usually have at that game. All the schools in Macon County are closing at 12 Friday! With Macon having to travel to Loudon we could get a lot of people over to RBS for the game. I'm expecting a lot of people at the game...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definatley not and I know better to judge a team by their record. In my first post to start the thread I said that I knew nothing about Midway but it seemed that they were a decent team who has lost to some pretty good teams but I do think this is a winnable game for us. We may not win but I believe if RBS plays well they can win, same goes if by chance RBS plays Monterey that is why I say it's 2 winnable games. As far as the quad goes I believe SP is atleast 2-3 scores better than everyone...

SOR will play all 4 qtrs hard I've never seen a SOR team lay down. That being said congrads to RBS 1st playoff game ever! THATS BIG FOR ANY PROGRAM.

SOR 35

RBS 21

Midway has played a tougher schedule and may very well be the better team but traveling as far as they are going to travel coupled with the fact that RBS should come out intense with it being their first playoff game RBS may come out on top. As I said RBS has 2 winnable games in these first 2 rounds...

Travel won't be an issue. They've made two very long trips already to Whitwell and Hancock County. What will be an issue for the Green Wave is turnovers. They've turned it over a ton this year. 

I'm still waiting on Midway to peak. I thought coming into the season that they had a chance to be better than last year, but injuries forced so many kids to move around that they never found a rhythm after the first month, and that led to a lot of turnovers. They are still a very dangerous team, they rushed for 350 yards or so against Greenback last week, but turnovers did them in. If they hang on to the ball, they could make a run at the semis, but they've got to do something in November that they haven't done in six weeks and that's protect the football.

The more I read about Midway the more I believe this may be a pretty good football game. RBS has shot themselves in the foot at times with turnovers and boneheaded mistakes as well. The game against Clay was closer than it should have been, gave up 2 early kick of returns for touchdowns, and should have beaten Jackson County but kept ourselves from scoring by turning the ball over late in the 4th quarter twice. RBS has also run the ball well this year. Against Jackson County they run for roughly 150 yards and threw for roughly 150. Against Gordonsville and Clay we run for over 220 yards (all 3 teams are playoff teams). Against Trousdale we rushed for over 160 in a game that was still a fairly competitive game late in the 3rd, just 28-12 with about 4 minutes left in the 3rd. That had potential to be a pretty good game had Kenyan Harper not been playing, he's been hurt for most of the season. I looked at his yardage and he gained over 200 total yards and 3 touchdowns just by himself, I seriously doubt we see anyone as good as he is tonight. The only problem I foresee in this game will be RBS struggling to keep Midway from scoring points, RBS has a tendency to give up big plays and a lot of points. I expect RBS to move the ball, but I'm worried about letting Midway run wild.

Edited by swanson71