1A Quad 3 first round Clarksville Academy travels to Huntland

gtripledip

1A Quad 3 first round 5th seed, Clarksville Academy (7-3) travels to 4th seed, Huntland (8-2). Both teams are coming off tough loses in their district chamionship games. I do not think these have ever played each other in recent history. Both teams know that that have to win on Friday to continue in the playoffs. I think the winner gets rewarded by traveling the the quad number 1 seed Cloumbia Academy. I'm a Clarksville Academy Cougar supporter. What can we expect to find as far as facilities and what type offensive and defensive does Huntland run? Hope both teams come out the game injury free.

Let's talk about football. Go Cougars!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huntland welcomes all the Clarksville Academy fans this Friday night. I can not tell you anything about the offense or defense of Huntland, but I can tell you that you will find a small school in rural area. The concession stand is great so plan to eat there if you do not stop in Winchester or Fayetteville on the way to the game. The only fast food in Huntland is at one of the local stores. Only expect to get cell coverage if you have Verizon and then there are no guarantee. The football field is top notch for a small public school as well as the visitors bleachers. Expect small town charm and great southern hospitality. We love our small town and hope you enjoy your visit.

Huntland welcomes all the Clarksville Academy fans this Friday night. I can not tell you anything about the offense or defense of Huntland, but I can tell you that you will find a small school in rural area. The concession stand is great so plan to eat there if you do not stop in Winchester or Fayetteville on the way to the game. The only fast food in Huntland is at one of the local stores. Only expect to get cell coverage if you have Verizon and then there are no guarantee. The football field is top notch for a small public school as well as the visitors bleachers. Expect small town charm and great southern hospitality. We love our small town and hope you enjoy your visit.

If Huntland will stack the box and have the corners play super tight on the receivers I see them winning this game. "the academy" as some refer to them are a really good first half team, but if Huntland can hang close, they can win it in the second half when "the academy" falls apart like a chinese motorcycle. Go Hornets!

Cwoodball: Going to Huntland takes you back to what small town high school football is really all about. Good atmosphere and classy folks.

Thanks for the information and warm welcome to Huntland from you two. I appreciate it. I was able to watch some Hudl of your recent games. I think these two teams match up pretty well size and numbers wise. Both of these teams had a rough go in our last game of the season. We hope to have a starting receiver and starting lineman back for this game. As Huntland probably knows that missing a couple of starters makes a Hugh difference. Clarksville Academy did not compete well against NCS. I hoping we will have a good week of practice.

We will definitely partake of the fine confession stand you spoke of. Hopefully we will have a couple of "fan" buses and be able to fill the visitors bleachers. I have AT&T so I'll leave my cell phone in the car. Will the game be broadcast locally? Let you fan base know that WJZM, AM 1400, FM 105.1 will broadcast it live and on Internet.

I'm hoping for a good competitive injury free game for both teams. We have a great coaching staff and good young men as players. Our parents and fans are good people and you will not see a bunch of junk spoke on here or at the game.

As a side note, I have have made a personal decision to not argue with "posters" who's only intent is stir the pot and to cause trouble. You can not reason with them.

Best of wishes to both teams.

Edited by gtripledip

CA is fortunate with the bracket placement and not until round 3 will they face a tough team in NCS (assuming NCS advances, which unless half the team gets injured or comes down with the flu, is a safe assumption). Have stated before a team like CA has greatly benefited from the down level of competition in their district and across 1A. But want to say after seeing them play Friday night against NCS, they are a good little team. They appear to be well coached, have lots of fans, and even when down, don't give up. Predicting CA wins easily and big over Huntland and then beats Columbia Academy as well without much effort.    

CA is fortunate with the bracket placement and not until round 3 will they face a tough team in NCS (assuming NCS advances, which unless half the team gets injured or comes down with the flu, is a safe assumption). Have stated before a team like CA has greatly benefited from the down level of competition in their district and across 1A. But want to say after seeing them play Friday night against NCS, they are a good little team. They appear to be well coached, have lots of fans, and even when down, don't give up. Predicting CA wins easily and big over Huntland and then beats Columbia Academy as well without much effort.

Ba ha! Columbia Academy will wipe the floor with Clarksville Academy IF they meet. I watched the Wayne Co v Columbia Academy game and can tell you the South CA has much better athletes, depth, and the obvious, COACHING than the North CA. South CA played a much tougher schedule than North CA. North CA should get the basketballs pumped up and dust the gym floor.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

My son informed me the boys from Clarksville Academy are excited to play someone different. I think it's crazy to play the same teams in the playoffs as you do the regular season. I expect this to be an exciting game. I know one thing, Clarksville Academy is only worried about this game on Friday. The team is not looking ahead. If we are fortunate enough to win vs Huntland, only then will we look at the next opponent.