Franklin County Rebels head coach relieved

delusional32

he didn't get fired  he resigned and it was his asst coaches that got fired for what they done. no charges against McCurry. 

Bottom line is the Head coach is responsible for all the program and his coaches.  After all it was his face on ESPN, not the assistant coaches when the Marion thing went down. He knew what was going on. I hope FC makes a good hire, and maybe it will be McCurry.  However, I don't think there is a school in TN that will hire McCurry this close to the Marion scandal... maybe sometime down the road though.

Wow, he also lost the job at Crockett county because of a DUI, that he lied about. No offense, but if this the guy y'all want leading your program and the young men in it then there is probably a reason why you are where you are.

He does have a shady past and so does most coaches that win as much as he does kinda makes me think that people have it in for him. I am not sure but don't think he has any charges against him for any of the stuff that is written about him don't think some of it is true.

McCurry out as Crockett County (Tenn.) football coach

7481945.jpg?w=715

RIPLEY – Former Ripley High football coach Mac McCurry is no longer the head football coach at Crockett County High School in Alamo, Tenn.

McCurry, who coached the past five seasons at Ripley, was named Crockett County’s head coach earlier this month. This week, the Crockett County School System changed its mind and withdrew its offer.

“We decided to reopen our search for a new head coach,†said Eddie Whitby, Crockett County’s acting director of schools. “We offered him the job, but he never actually started. He was scheduled to officially begin June 1.

“We thought his coaching philosophy and personal approach to the coaching situation might not mesh with our program. He may be too hard a worker for our program. He’s an excellent coach, but we don’t know if we are ready for that caliber of coach. We weren’t sure he was going to mesh with some of the folks that have been here for a while – the way he wanted to run the program – so we withdrew the offer.â€

McCurry wouldn’t comment on the situation.

Click here for more at the High School sports blog.

John Wilbert/NEMS Daily Journal and Kedrick Storey/Southern Sentinel

oh I think what happen in Marion county happen I just don't think all that has been said about him is true. like the dui is the reason he didn't get the job at Crockett county. cant find any news that supports the dui charge. he does have a shady past I see your point. I don't think he will get the job if he applies.

Edited by jemarshall32

Shady past? His past is winning. I hope he doesn't take this job for his sake but if they wanna win...he is the man.

Your right. I don't know if Winchester wants to win football games. It seems like people in the system are fighting more for their own best intrest rather than have a coach that can win football games.
  • Upvote 1

college coaching is different. they will hire someone with skeletons in their closet. kiffin,bruce pearl...even george o'leary all got 2nd chances because they are good coaches and colleges want winners. hs coaching is different and viewed differently. you are not only working with young kids both on the fields and the gyms but in classrooms as well. there is a code of ethics involved. besides the press will have a field day with this. hargis in chattanooga exposed this guy...you think he is going to want him back in coaching after he obviously worked so hard to run him out of coaching?