Rd 2 - Marion Co vs. Jackson Co

TowerDawg

MC may come out flat after a bye week and it's hard to not look ahead when you are a heavy favorite. But that being said this offense is not Eagleville and this defense is stifling. It's true that it still has to be played on the field though. If you're planning on making the trip to the game on your way back home I have a funny feeling your conversation in the car will have the name Zeman in it.

Jackson Co defense is a lot better than anyone on here is giving credit for.  These boys play hard and physical.  This game will not be the "blowout" everyone is claiming.  I do not see the Marion Co. defense just shutting out this teams offense either.  This will be another weak of smash mouth football, nothing cute. 

I think JCHS pulls off the upset in a close game.   Not going to predict the score cause it could go high or low.

Excellent, we in Marion county love us some smash mouth football. It will be nice to have a game in the fourth qtr as we haven't had very many. I am glad you Jackson co fans are confident, you should be . This mc team rarely turns the ball over and is a headache on defense. We usually have one or two busts a game though. You will find the sledding tough Friday night. I think the defense is averaging giving up around 175 total yards per game. Better not turn it over or it will get ugly quickly because this mc team scores in bunches and is in tip top shape.

Jackson County fans are well aware that they are in a world of hurt with their matchup in round 2, but there is no reason to bash them and say how sorry they are.

Who is bashing? Sp fans maybe. What kind of offense does Jackson co run? I know they like to stack the box on defense and try to take the run away from you. MCHS offense is multiple with a wing t base with a little Oregon thrown in. They run a little pistol one series and go to a power set the next drive. If they find a weakness you might expect a little up tempo until adjustments are made. Tell us about the blue devils?

Excellent, we in Marion county love us some smash mouth football. It will be nice to have a game in the fourth qtr as we haven't had very many. I am glad you Jackson co fans are confident, you should be . This mc team rarely turns the ball over and is a headache on defense. We usually have one or two busts a game though. You will find the sledding tough Friday night. I think the defense is averaging giving up around 175 total yards per game. Better not turn it over or it will get ugly quickly because this mc team scores in bunches and is in tip top shape.

What kind of mess is this? Score in bunches? That Ross man could not even score a point against that Mallory mans team. You think im joking but im not.

What kind of mess is this? Score in bunches? That Ross man could not even score a point against that Mallory mans team. You think im joking but im not.

No they couldn't Roy, at that time they were struggling a bit with the new QB and new system but you did see by week 10 they could score in bunches right? Until we see a defense, like TC, that will continue. 

This game might be one of the biggest second round mismatches in several years. Marion hasn't played the best schedule, but I will say this. Grundy, Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Central, Whitwell, SP, CCS and Copper Basin are all better than Jackson County. The Blue Devils would beat Sale Creek and Lookout Valley going 2-8 with Marion's schedule.

I cant believe a SP fan said something positive about Copper Basin.  You must really believe Jackson County is bad.  My vote goes to Marion County in this one.  They got a good defense, but a great running game.  I think this will be a blowout

He couldn't on central, I will give you that, but they scored so fast and so much against the pirates that they sabbatoged their own lights where they would go out.......should have done that before it was 41-6......lol

Made up for it in week 10 didn't they? Short circuited the scoreboard and it shut the power off to all of East tennessee. That's scoring in bunches and you know I'm not joking.