Rd 2 - Marion Co vs. Jackson Co

TowerDawg

Clay County is the closest thing the 2 teams have to a common oppent. Jackson Co. beat them 23-6, SP beat them 36-34 (when not playing SPs best), and Marion Co. Mercy ruled SP by half and put the JV in 2nd half. Yes the game still has to be played, but Jackson Co. better be playing the game of their life and hope Marion is WAY off their game Friday.

GO WARRIORS!!!!

Where have you been all season? I've needed back up. I've called it since 2012 that Marion County would be a force this season.

Where have you been all season? I've needed back up. I've called it since 2012 that Marion County would be a force this season.

Sorry Ambassador.  My Daddy taught me not to open my mouth unless I new for sure what I was talking about.  I've thought this was going to be a great year too, but too many things can happen through the season that could come back and bite you in the but if you talk too much crap early.

There is only 2 teams in the upper Cumberland that are good, by the standards of there classification, are LA and Trousdale County.

Clay's qb wasn't there when JC played them either.

I don't care much for comparing scores because some teams play better with certain teams than others teams. Watertown did beat Jackson County but they did just beat Eagleville who beat Watertown earlier in the year. I've seen Watertown, Jackson County, RBS, Gordonsville, Clay, and talked to different people who has seen Monterey play and honestly there isn't a whole lot of difference between all of them. There have been some lopsided scores, but if they matched up again then I believe they would be closer the 2nd time around. I haven't seen Marion play but have heard a whole lot about them and from what I've heard and from what I've seen from Jackson County this is not a good match up for JC. If Marion is the team I believe they are then I don't see JC scoring until Marion calls off the dogs. What I'm looking forward to seeing is what is Marion County going to do with Kenyan Harper. Besides the WR from Clay I haven't seen anyone nowhere near as talented as that young man.

• Upvote 1

Anything is possible I guess. JC should be proud of their season so far because there are a lot of teams sitting at home this week. I'm not sure they will be able to handle MC though. I don't know a lot about the teams they have played but I am pretty sure we will be the best team they have seen this year. (Times 2 or 3...idk)

Monterey has never won a playoff game in the history of their school. They are NOT a good team. Yes, they might could beat us this year, but we (SP) aren't good either.

I agree with bob, not sure what their past has to do with the team they have this year. Yes they have never won a playoff game, but they have played in historically one of the toughest regions with Trousdale, Gordy, and Friendship up until a couple years ago. So when they did make the playoffs they were usually a low seed. As far as this year goes, word has it they got a group of kids that hope and plan on changing that record. They may not be upper tier yet but there is a lot of excitement around the program right now.