RD 2 - Nashville Christian hosts Jamboree Champion Wayne County

kenmynattcpa

No disrespect taken. Truthfully we don't wonder about the complaints about privates. We didn't hear many several years ago when we weren't very good. We just take as a byproduct of a winning program.

I have lots of respect for y'all's program and posters except the one that made the incest comment! I'll give you a little piece of history that kinda gets people mad about privates even though not all of them try to cheat the system. A few years back we attended my oldest sons middle school game in Mount Pleasant and they had a kid that was about 6'5 in junior high, and that's probably cutting him a little short, and weighed who knows what. But anyway, when we moved on to high school he's nowhere to be seen on the field or sidelines. Where was this great lineman? He was at Ensworth and later at the university of Tennessee. His name, Antonio Richardson!

Great point. Every UC play starts out with the same formation with double wings, one goes in motion, then like it's anyone's guess what happens next. That UC Garrett kid with the football is like Curly Neal with a basketball. 

WC's formations seem to vary and the play is more predictable. It's still going to hard to stop completely but hopefully the damage can be limited. UC is married to the Veer, WC is just occasionally dating the Veer (I was going to say much like a first cousin, but I won't say that, cause wboro33 will have a breakdown)

WC is overdue for a game of mass fumbling. A wildcat can't change its spots. 

I've seen some film and I seen NCS fumble a few times also!

No disrespect taken. Truthfully we don't wonder about the complaints about privates. We didn't hear many several years ago when we weren't very good. We just take as a byproduct of a winning program.

I don't understand the complaints about public versus privates at all. I know by saying that I'm gonna wake up the open zoning monster that is debated on here to no avail. I just say if the public schools would just beat the privates then the argument goes away. Like you just said no one complained until NCS became relevant. I know folks complained about Brentwood and in my day it was Old Hickory Academy that is now USJ. We have just always played who was on our schedule. Sometimes we win sometimes will we lose. I think you simply build your program starting at a young age and instill in your youth hard work and discipline. I am gonna beat my chest a little bit and say that I have been fortunate enough to have been a small part of this group that is winning now . I will also add that we just completed 3 years undefeated with my son's grade and won the Northwest TN Championship. Get involved. That's how you build winning programs.

I don't understand the complaints about public versus privates at all. I know by saying that I'm gonna wake up the open zoning monster that is debated on here to no avail. I just say if the public schools would just beat the privates then the argument goes away. Like you just said no one complained until NCS became relevant. I know folks complained about Brentwood and in my day it was Old Hickory Academy that is now USJ. We have just always played who was on our schedule. Sometimes we win sometimes will we lose. I think you simply build your program starting at a young age and instill in your youth hard work and discipline. I am gonna beat my chest a little bit and say that I have been fortunate enough to have been a small part of this group that is winning now . I will also add that we just completed 3 years undefeated with my son's grade and won the Northwest TN Championship. Get involved. That's how you build winning programs.

Im not complaining, WC has had a great run against the privates in the playoffs the last several years. As for the get involved comment, WC has a great youth football program and the kids around here start at age four. The 2011 teams seniors were the four year olds when WC started youth football, so yeah I agree with you 100%. Start them young and mold them.

Here's what the Wizard of Oz computer says over at c-a-l-p-r-e-p-s........

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2014] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 42, [2014] Wayne County (Waynesboro, TN) 21

Good thing for WC I guess that we just get the chance to play the game since nobody gives us a chance!  These young men aren't intimidated and will be ready to play, we just hope they all go unhurt as well as NCS's players, and the best team wins!  If it's us that will be great, but if not you won't hear any excuses here, if NCS is the better team!  But remember, if WC wins there will be some that will be eating crow, so eat with a smile!  These guys are very capable of getting the win, so keep on looking over them and before you know it you might be at home  instead of playing next week!  "GO CATS"

Im not complaining, WC has had a great run against the privates in the playoffs the last several years. As for the get involved comment, WC has a great youth football program and the kids around here start at age four. The 2011 teams seniors were the four year olds when WC started youth football, so yeah I agree with you 100%. Start them young and mold them.

My friend I know that you fine WC folks are not on the Bash the Privates band wagon. I know y'all feel about this the same way as we do here in UC. I was just having my say. Good luck to the Wildcats. I think you guys have a chance to win this. I have already said I don't want to play WC after a bye week. I hate bye weeks. Why? Because someone like WC is coming to town fired up and still in game fresh shape.

My friend I know that you fine WC folks are not on the Bash the Privates band wagon. I know y'all feel about this the same way as we do here in UC. I was just having my say. Good luck to the Wildcats. I think you guys have a chance to win this. I have already said I don't want to play WC after a bye week. I hate bye weeks. Why? Because someone like WC is coming to town fired up and still in game fresh shape.

There is two programs in this great state that I would like my son to have a chance to play for if we weren't blessed to be WC boys and that's Jo Byrns and UC! I have more respect for these two programs than any other! I'm just glad that when 1a football gets talked about across the state WC is in the conversation! Our coaches have spent countless hours of their own personal time building WC into where it is today, I feel we are truly blessed!

Good thing for WC I guess that we just get the chance to play the game since nobody gives us a chance! These young men aren't intimidated and will be ready to play, we just hope they all go unhurt as well as NCS's players, and the best team wins! If it's us that will be great, but if not you won't hear any excuses here, if NCS is the better team! But remember, if WC wins there will be some that will be eating crow, so eat with a smile! These guys are very capable of getting the win, so keep on looking over them and before you know it you might be at home instead of playing next week! "GO CATS"

I promise you that no one on here or our players and coaches are overlooking WC. They know exactly what they will be facing Friday night. As I said previously, it will not be a cakewalk for NCS. Us feeling confident in their ability to take care of business does not equal overlooking. Maybe we will be wrong in our confidence. But maybe not.

There is two programs in this great state that I would like my son to have a chance to play for if we weren't blessed to be WC boys and that's Jo Byrns and UC! I have more respect for these two programs than any other! I'm just glad that when 1a football gets talked about across the state WC is in the conversation! Our coaches have spent countless hours of their own personal time building WC into where it is today, I feel we are truly blessed!

That's very kind of you to say. I likewise have equal respect for WC. Great program and good ole country folks. Good luck.