Trenton Peabody at TCA in Round 2

Intense

The worst you can come with for saying Peabody has no class is the fans chanting hey hey goodbye. ? That chant. ( a take off on an old 60 s song ) has been around for years and been used by fans if many teams. Not that big a deal to me. Congrats to the TCA players, coaches and fans for a great run. It was another classic down to the end game fought hard by both teams. I have respect for the TCA program

Na na na na hey hey hey is now un classy? What? Pitiful accusation. Can someone please post stats from this game? I'd like to see the run vs pass ratio between the two teams. Congrats to tca on a good season and qb for record. There will always be that argument that running more would wear down defenses and keep opponents offense off the field more and scores lower. But then you wouldn't get passing records and all that. What was Peabody run/ pass ratio??

Because he replied to saying their offseason started today by a random TCA fan was childish, I'm sorry but that just doesn't seem quite fair my friend, if you're going to say malone was in the wrong you must also say the fan was in the wrong as well

Not that it really matters, but hate to see incorrect info on here. Peabody QB began the twitter dialogue by calling out the TCA QB and mentioning "onemoreday". Another TCA player responded "one more day til your offseason". So make of that what you will. It wasn't a random comment by a TCA player, it was a response to our QB's tweet. Any yes, tweets on both sides were deleted. IMO, keep it classy. Starting, or responding to trash talk on social media just disrespects your football team and program.

Not that it really matters, but hate to see incorrect info on here. Peabody QB began the twitter dialogue by calling out the TCA QB and mentioning "onemoreday". Another TCA player responded "one more day til your offseason". So make of that what you will. It wasn't a random comment by a TCA player, it was a response to our QB's tweet. Any yes, tweets on both sides were deleted. IMO, keep it classy. Starting, or responding to trash talk on social media just disrespects your football team and program.

I didn't see the original context of the Twitter dialogue, but could it be that Malone was simply saying "one more day" in that the game is only a day away? It's always hard to interpret text as we read it versus the context the original poster intended. .

Nevertheless it was a great game from what I heard listening to the game on the radio. Peabody played a great game. Also I commend Kyle Akin on his record breaking high school career! Pretty impressive! I hope he goes on to great things.

Good luck Peabody next week against McKenzie! Roll tide!

I didn't see the original context of the Twitter dialogue, but could it be that Malone was simply saying "one more day" in that the game is only a day away? It's always hard to interpret text as we read it versus the context the original poster intended. .

Nevertheless it was a great game from what I heard listening to the game on the radio. Peabody played a great game. Also I commend Kyle Akin on his record breaking high school career! Pretty impressive! I hope he goes on to great things.

Good luck Peabody next week against McKenzie! Roll tide!

I read the tweets.

Malone: "Akinnnnnnnnnn, come out and playyyyyyyyyyyy #OneMoreDay"

Kid from TCA: "#OneMoreDay till you start the offseason"

Both were deleted.

Malone tweeted afterwards to Kyle that it was all in good fun and he meant one more day until the game.

I read the tweets.

Malone: "Akinnnnnnnnnn, come out and playyyyyyyyyyyy #OneMoreDay"

Kid from TCA: "#OneMoreDay till you start the offseason"

Both were deleted.

Malone tweeted afterwards to Kyle that it was all in good fun and he meant one more day until the game.

I see..... it could go either way in intention.

It's probably a good thing social media hasn't always been in play! Worst conversations than that would've taken place.... It honestly gives Coaches yet another aspect to try and have to watch and coach the kids on. These days it goes beyond the football field. It gives today's football game a whole new dynamic. I've said it before, and I'll say it again.... I'm so glad social media wasn't around when I was in high school!

You are correct in your description of how it went down although it was not a TCA player who responded to the original Malone tweet.  Social media can be a good thing...........but not in this case.  

In reference to the game, Malone was the single best player that TCA had faced all season long. He was the difference maker.  It is safe to say that without him, Peabody does not win that game.  He simply put that team and his town on his shoulders and won the game.  As one of the radio announcers for the game, I appreciate the nice things that most of the Trenton fans had to say after the game and on this site.  You represented your town and your team well.  While this game will sting for a long time for us TCA supporters, I personally wish you all the best during the rest of this season.

You are correct in your description of how it went down although it was not a TCA player who responded to the original Malone tweet.  Social media can be a good thing...........but not in this case.  

In reference to the game, Malone was the single best player that TCA had faced all season long. He was the difference maker.  It is safe to say that without him, Peabody does not win that game.  He simply put that team and his town on his shoulders and won the game.  As one of the radio announcers for the game, I appreciate the nice things that most of the Trenton fans had to say after the game and on this site.  You represented your town and your team well.  While this game will sting for a long time for us TCA supporters, I personally wish you all the best during the rest of this season.

Thank you for your comments. It was a great game. But I always have to disagree with a win being given to one individual. We have a great coaching staff who designs the program according to the strengths and talents he has very effectively. Our defense and line were most definitely a key factor in the game last night. Defense defended TCA passing game very well, even though Akin still did admirably. Very fine QB and will be watching to see what he does after high school! Our QB had a GREAT game, and was able to do "his thing" well because of coaching adjustments at the half, and on the back of all his teammates.