DISTRICT 3AAA 2014-15 PREDICTIONS.

CarolinaCrazy

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I concur with Norman Dale as well. Still, it's pretty cool to see us there. I've seen us in the top 10 numerous times throughout the years, but I have never seen us ranked #1 even if it is meaningless it's still pretty neat and humbling to be there.

Question for you SS..... how do you think this year's OR team compares to last year's team? I personally think they are as good or better. It had to be a bittersweet feeling last year for you and all Wildcat fans when OR let it slip away in the championship game vs. Blackman but it was a great season nonetheless for you guys.

I know I am overanalyzing things but if OR is as good or better than they were last year, knowing that Blackman took it to Hamilton last year and OR really should have beaten Blackman last year, then that tells me that OR should be able to compete with Hamilton this year. If you can compete with Hamilton, you can compete with anybody in TN.

Question for you SS..... how do you think this year's OR team compares to last year's team? I personally think they are as good or better. It had to be a bittersweet feeling last year for you and all Wildcat fans when OR let it slip away in the championship game vs. Blackman but it was a great season nonetheless for you guys.

I know I am overanalyzing things but if OR is as good or better than they were last year, knowing that Blackman took it to Hamilton last year and OR really should have beaten Blackman last year, then that tells me that OR should be able to compete with Hamilton this year. If you can compete with Hamilton, you can compete with anybody in TN.

Good question Norm. Lets see. Last year we had one of the 2 better players in this part of the state in Jaylin Henderson and Isaac Merian. Both were All-State players. We also had a guy named Seth Davis who could hit a timely 3 when need be. We also had Kevin Steen who was a good ballplayer, but not a great shooter. All of those guys were pretty good players. With this years team we replaced those guys with a more mature albeit still very young Tee Higgins in Jaylin's place and as good as Tee is and will be I think Jaylin as a SR was a little better. For Merian you have Javien Johnson, who isn't quite as smooth offensively, but is more of a physical presence than Isaac was, plus you add in Middleton to the rotation and that's an upgrade from last year IMO. In Steen's place you have EJ Bush and Taijon Jones, and Quan Gibson (who is improving every game) everyone of those guys are Soph's. I think that position is an upgrade as well. To get to the point I think we are more talented overall, but the downside is we are so young and as talented as those kids are as Sophomores losing those 4 Seniors with their leadership could end up being the difference. I do think we are more talented and a lot deeper this year though, so maybe that will offset the youth of this team. Plus, a year older and more mature Gee is big, too. I guess we will see. No matter how it ends up it will be fun because with OR's style of play their is never a dull moment.

Oak Ridge stomps Central 80-49 tonight and will take on Karns on Tuesday night for the Championship!!! OR fans were out in force tonight & even ruffled some feathers from Central fans for being so loud and vocal!

It's sad the support Central has for their basketball team. We outnumbered them by a wide margin. Sad for those kids they have that they can't have better fan support than they have. We beat them handily and Higgins only had 4 points.

Early look on predictions for region 1st round matchups.

#4 Lenoir City at #1 Oak Ridge

#3 Maryville at #2 Karns

The above games look like a lock to me to occur.

#4 Central at #1 Bearden

#3 Halls at #2 Heritage

These two games subject to change.

Heritage and Central both could win in my opinion.

Edited by Dragon Tale

I saw in the Sentinel today that Oak Ridge will have homecourt advantage throughout the region tournament if they beat Karns. I know OR hosted the final four teams last year, but can't recall if it was due to an upset in District 4.

I thought it was District 4 turn to host this year, but with top seed Maryville getting upset by Heritage has it now swung back to District 3?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I saw in the Sentinel today that Oak Ridge will have homecourt advantage throughout the region tournament if they beat Karns. I know OR hosted the final four teams last year, but can't recall if it was due to an upset in District 4.

I thought it was District 4 turn to host this year, but with top seed Maryville getting upset by Heritage has it now swung back to District 3?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think last year was supposed to be District 4 hosting the region but District 3 teams swept District 4 in the first round so Oak Ridge got to host as highest seeded District 3 team. I believe it reverts back to District 3 this year for hosting.