Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

89 I value your insight but your opinion of someone who has already earned a scholarship means nothing. This isn't a kid hoping he gets a look, he's already got it. This may sting but your kids ran behind your son and the others on the line and got 80 yards on 37 carries. Ours ran behind Alex and our line and got about 250 on the same amount of carries. Riddle me that.

You have to do your job every week. You may not dominate every week (but if you watch the tape their are several incidences where that did happen) but you do your job. 30 schools found Alex worthy of receiving a major college scholarship. Who are you or anyone else to push that aside and say its a mistake.

As for 35, well, everyone saw what he's about.

You have a good team and a great program, one we were proud to share the field with.

+1

Does anyone have any non biased honest score predictions?  Watching the CA offense all year, I know they can score, not seeing NCS play at all but obviously they can do work.  Am I crazy to think a shootout?

This one is totally biased  ;).  I think we all thought last year would be a shootout.  CA couldn't keep up - final NCS 49 CA 21.  Our defense is considerably better this year.  Even if the CA offense is considerably better, we may still be looking at a lopsided game.  

If you're not familiar with TheAmbassador on here, he's very knowledgeable.  I believe he's giving the edge to NCS by 28.

Maybe we can get the WC folks to weigh in on some predictions.

Does anyone have any non biased honest score predictions?  Watching the CA offense all year, I know they can score, not seeing NCS play at all but obviously they can do work.  Am I crazy to think a shootout?

apparently, the almighty NCS defense will not allow more than 50 yards of total offense.  

realistically, if CA has trouble stopping the run then NCS is going to score a lot, they are a better run team than Clarksville Academy, take away those big 80 yard runs, and sloppy 1st half play and CA wouldn't have given up so much to ClarksAcad, but fact is they did, and the task only gets harder.  

Now, NCS defense is most deff better than North CA.  I think CA will have to throw the ball a lot more, but will HAVE to establish some kind of running game to keep them  honest.  I am not talking about 250+ yard rushing, but if they can't get 2-5 yards a run when they need it, it will likely be a long game.  I do believe CA's QB is more elusive than he is likely getting credit for, and throws pretty well on the run.  I do believe NCS thinks (there fans, not going to say what there coaches/players think because I have no idea) if they can move him out of the pocket with pressure he will completely collapse.  CA's receivers cause matchup problems with anyone, if the line can give the qb time, they WILL be able to move the ball, and WILL be able to establish more of a run game.  

CA's d line will have to play fantastic, I don't neccesarily mean make a lot of tackles, but if they can't keep NCS O-Line off of the linebackers than its going to be a long night.  

As always, I do not make predictions, Predictions are meaningless.  

NCS line matches up well with CA's d-line, and most likely NCS D line matches up well with CA's Oline. 

CA's receivers/QB matches up well with NCS d backs.  

It is going to be cold, im sure---although I think the weather is calling for a little warmer, maybe mid 40's but unfortunately raining.  That will more than likely give another advantage to the more efficient running team NCS

Like it or not, NCS is looking toward Union City, and I wouldn't blame them after last years beatdown of CA.  I think the coaches will fully prepare them, and I do not believe the coaches will overlook CA, but it is inevitable that the kids that played last year will kinda have glossed over eyes in the prep.  

This one is totally biased  ;).  I think we all thought last year would be a shootout.  CA couldn't keep up - final NCS 49 CA 21.  Our defense is considerably better this year.  Even if the CA offense is considerably better, we may still be looking at a lopsided game.  

If you're not familiar with TheAmbassador on here, he's very knowledgeable.  I believe he's giving the edge to NCS by 28.

Maybe we can get the WC folks to weigh in on some predictions.

To be fair, he has completely based all his analysis of CA on the game they played in the playoffs several years ago.  I think he said WCHS would blow CA out.  (not going to go confirm that) but I for sure know he has said "well 3 years ago we blew them out! and they can't be any better now!" <-----Thats a paraphrase, obviously lol

Won't give a score, but here's some food for thought.

NCS has surrendered 297 total yards vs East Nashville, Clarksville Academy, and Wayne County combined. 5-106-186.  They are also giving up less than a point a quarter in the last 6 games. 21 points in the last 24 quarters.

That being said, a true shootout is highly unlikely. I do however think CA will get some points on the board. If all trends hold true, NCS needs to run until they get stopped. And then run some more. 

NCS has surrendered 297 total yards vs East Nashville, Clarksville Academy, and Wayne County combined. 5-106-186.  They are also giving up less than a point a quarter in the last 6 games. 21 points in the last 24 quarters.

That being said, a true shootout is highly unlikely. I do however think CA will get some points on the board. If all trends hold true, NCS needs to run until they get stopped. And then run some more. 

By looking at their stats, they don't have too much of a passing game, of course they havn't needed it. 

according to NHFS, whoever enters stats for yalls games.  you gave up 

184 to WCHS

121 to Clarks

WCHS rush 80 pass 104

Clarks rush 65 pass 56

east nashville doesn't have stats posted. 

so essentially the same as you said 

Edited by Monkey Wrench

NCS Raises More Than $3,700 for "Up for Addy!"

58b07a0c-5273-43bd-9bc0-0b1e22020094.jpg

Thanks to all who came out last night to support the High School Musical benefit performance to raise money for "Up for Addy." 

Together we raised more than $3,700 to help Columbia Academy fund an elevator for this special little girl! 

http://www.wkrn.com/story/27378165/schools-musical-helps-raise-money-for-1st-grader-in-need-of-elevator

Thought this was pretty good story. Hopefully she will get everything she needs in the near future.