Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

That is #1 biggest issue is weight. If he had an extra 20 pounds. Wow. #8 is more known for his kicking game. Every kick off is a touchback most field goals are down West 7th. He also isn't going down easy on the run. No arm tackles. But yes you are right, he can lay a lick on someone. CA defense isn't the toughest, strongest, or biggest in the state. But they aren't scrubs either. I am sure yall know just as good as anyone you aren't undefeated just by pure luck. If NCS can't stop the run. I see a very high scoring game. High power O verse high power O. Should be a good one.

NCS defense just goose egged one of the best running teams in the state.

Get the ball QUICKLY out from behind that line with quick hit pass routes. Take away NCS best assets. Make that D line stand up and say..."well... what do we do now? the ball ain't back there to get too!"

That is #1 biggest issue is weight.  If he had an extra 20 pounds. Wow.  #8 is more known for his kicking game.  Every kick off is a touchback most field goals are down West 7th.  He also isn't going down easy on the run. No arm tackles.  But yes you are right, he can lay a lick on someone.  CA defense isn't the toughest, strongest, or biggest in the state. But they aren't scrubs either.  I am sure yall know just as good as anyone you aren't undefeated just by pure luck.  If NCS can't stop the run.  I see a very high scoring game.  High power O verse high power O.  Should be a good one.

Because our schedule was filled some teams that had very down years, I think the boys (and us parents) took a lot away from the WC game.  They had fumblitis against us like they did against you but I was still impressed that our D shut them out.  Rice can hit a receiver behind the D at any time and our corners and safety did a great job of staying with the deep routes.  We don't have a 6'3" DB though  :shock:

Well it looks as if by the numbers it should be a good game.  CA has pulled starters at half in all but three games this year. (WC, DA, and CA) with all that being said the numbers don't lie.

NCS: Opponent record W43 L74  Win Percentage58.1%  43.6 PPG 7.18 PA

CA: Opponent record W48 L71 Win Percentage 67.6%    45.6 PPG 19.18 PA

Lets be honest now.  CA defense can be sluggish at times.  Most points that have been given up were in the second half with freshmen and 8th graders playing.  No excuses.  But again numbers don't lie.  Clarksville Academy last week assumed that they had it in the bag for a rematch, and outside of two one play drives of 80 plus yard runs, the game was never truly a close one.

Something's up with those win percentages. Maybe a calculator malfunction.

The telling stat for me is that 7.18 ppg. The last 3 weeks, against what was to be the best competition NCS has faced, they have given up an average of 4.8 ppg. They have not allowed a score on a drive starting on the other side of the 50 in 23 quarters or September 26th. In fact, they have given up 14 points in the last 23 quarters, 7 of which came on a kickoff return and the other 7 coming after  a turnover on their own 11. 

#35 has had a big impact on how QB's are able to play. They get in too big of a hurry leading to fumbles, forced throws, and otherwise abnormal mistakes. He just gets there so fast. The second half is where this really starts to show. Many of those mistakes end up in the hands of #7 who always seems to be near the ball.

CA has impressive offensive numbers. It should be interesting to see what comes of the matchup. I hear 1 and 10 are pretty special. 

That is #1 biggest issue is weight. If he had an extra 20 pounds. Wow. #8 is more known for his kicking game. Every kick off is a touchback most field goals are down West 7th. He also isn't going down easy on the run. No arm tackles. But yes you are right, he can lay a lick on someone. CA defense isn't the toughest, strongest, or biggest in the state. But they aren't scrubs either. I am sure yall know just as good as anyone you aren't undefeated just by pure luck. If NCS can't stop the run. I see a very high scoring game. High power O verse high power O. Should be a good one.

I don't forsee the NCS defense having any problem stopping the run on Friday night. They have been crazy good. They will be ready.

Talk about kicking a man while he's down! I been on here and it's been boring as crap, I get called to work for a few hours and now me and alumni are sheriff and mayor! lol Ncs did shut WC out and I didn't think that could be done, great job ncs defense! But if I'm not mistaken WC did turn the ball over eight times, don't think we could have even beat MTP with those numbers! That's for you Bigby! I still don't think WC could have consistently move the ball on that defense but WC did hold that high powered offense to 21 points so I think WC could have made it closer. I still think this week will be an ugly one for ca, their offense won't match up well with ncs defense and ncs will run at will on ca! All those posters that we're stirring things up in the WC vs ca thread were from MTP except monkey wrench. Good luck boys and I'll try to keep up with these boards a little closer!

Talk about kicking a man while he's down! I been on here and it's been boring as crap, I get called to work for a few hours and now me and alumni are sheriff and mayor! lol Ncs did shut WC out and I didn't think that could be done, great job ncs defense! But if I'm not mistaken WC did turn the ball over eight times, don't think we could have even beat MTP with those numbers! That's for you Bigby! I still don't think WC could have consistently move the ball on that defense but WC did hold that high powered offense to 21 points so I think WC could have made it closer. I still think this week will be an ugly one for ca, their offense won't match up well with ncs defense and ncs will run at will on ca! All those posters that we're stirring things up in the WC vs ca thread were from MTP except monkey wrench. Good luck boys and I'll try to keep up with these boards a little closer!

:thumb:.... Hey, without the CA posters if I didn't jump in there and stir it up a little I thought you WC boys was gonna have to break out the tiddlywinks game y'all was getting so bored.

I'm a MP fan #1.

An old Region 6 fan #2

And a sh*tzu kicker to stir the stink when all else fails.

Nobody call PETA on me please.:lol:... Just trying to not violate the cussing rules.

:thumb:.... Hey, without the CA posters if I didn't jump in there and stir it up a little I thought you WC boys was gonna have to break out the tiddlywinks game y'all was getting so bored.

I'm a MP fan #1.

An old Region 6 fan #2

And a sh*tzu kicker to stir the stink when all else fails.

Nobody call PETA on me please.:lol:... Just trying to not violate the cussing rules.

Now that we're out I'm going to return the favor!