Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

Well it looks as if by the numbers it should be a good game.  CA has pulled starters at half in all but three games this year. (WC, DA, and CA) with all that being said the numbers don't lie.

NCS: Opponent record W43 L74  Win Percentage58.1%  43.6 PPG 7.18 PA

CA: Opponent record W48 L71 Win Percentage 67.6%    45.6 PPG 19.18 PA

Lets be honest now.  CA defense can be sluggish at times.  Most points that have been given up were in the second half with freshmen and 8th graders playing.  No excuses.  But again numbers don't lie.  Clarksville Academy last week assumed that they had it in the bag for a rematch, and outside of two one play drives of 80 plus yard runs, the game was never truly a close one.

I don't guess its really relevant to this thread, but I was down at my parents this afternoon and grabbed the Columbia Daily herald and they reported last game, columbia academy had

386 yards rushing 

189 yards passing

I know I posted during that game somewhere that CA was running the ball the majority of the time, and one of the collinwood fans said "that's surprising!" 

NFHS network has pretty detailed stats for the wchs v ncs game:  

WCHS total offense:  186

NCS    total offense:  266

wchs 1st downs  11

ncs first downs     9

wchs 3rd down conversion  3 for 12

ncs 3rd down conversions   4 for 11

There's not much point passing the ball against CA North. One kid for NCS had either 7 or 9 carries for about 225. 3 or 4 others had 60 or 70 on minimal carries. They just were not quick enough to cover the outside.

How many rushing yards did South give up to North? I heard the first two scores were long runs.

Well it looks as if by the numbers it should be a good game.  CA has pulled starters at half in all but three games this year. (WC, DA, and CA) with all that being said the numbers don't lie.

NCS: Opponent record W43 L74  Win Percentage58.1%  43.6 PPG 7.18 PA

CA: Opponent record W48 L71 Win Percentage 67.6%    45.6 PPG 19.18 PA

Lets be honest now.  CA defense can be sluggish at times.  Most points that have been given up were in the second half with freshmen and 8th graders playing.  No excuses.  But again numbers don't lie.  Clarksville Academy last week assumed that they had it in the bag for a rematch, and outside of two one play drives of 80 plus yard runs, the game was never truly a close one.

As far as CA North goes, they had some folks on here with a little too much "rah rah".  

I don't think either NCS or Columbia can claim to have a played a tough schedule.  That is what it is.  We know that this is going to come down to our D having to get pressure on your QB.  Like others have said on here, if #10 has time to find #1 it could be a long night for us.  But I don't expect you to have the success running the ball against us that you did against Clarksville.

Hope we can figure out how Clarksville got in to block those 2 PATs.  That could make a difference in a close game.

Edited by NCSdad1962

As far as CA North goes, they had some folks on here with a little too much "rah rah".  

I don't think either NCS or Columbia can claim to have a played a tough schedule.  That is what it is.  We know that this is going to come down to our D having to get pressure on your QB.  Like others have said on here, if #10 has time to find #1 it could be a long night for us.  But I don't expect you to have the success running the ball against us that you did against Clarksville.

Hope we can figure out how Clarksville got in to block those 2 PATs.  That could make a difference in a close game.

The keys to success against CA is containing 10.  You have to keep him in the pocket because if he scrambles its positive yards, but in the same token you have to be in his face.  If you let him sit back there all night thinking about what mom is cooking for dinner he can pick you apart.  Also Mr Football Finalist #8 if he gets the corner you might as well give him a first down or 6 points. #1 is probably one of the best down field receivers in the state in 1a. 6 3 and can jump with the best of them and come down with the ball.  Dabo didn't drool over him for no reason. If the corners cheat to stop the run they get beat.If #1 and #8 are even its like the old saying they are leaving. Haven't seen anyone all year catch up to them.

The keys to success against CA is containing 10.  You have to keep him in the pocket because if he scrambles its positive yards, but in the same token you have to be in his face.  If you let him sit back there all night thinking about what mom is cooking for dinner he can pick you apart.  Also Mr Football Finalist #8 if he gets the corner you might as well give him a first down or 6 points. #1 is probably one of the best down field receivers in the state in 1a. 6 3 and can jump with the best of them and come down with the ball.  Dabo didn't drool over him for no reason. If the corners cheat to stop the run they get beat.If #1 and #8 are even its like the old saying they are leaving. Haven't seen anyone all year catch up to them.

I remember #1 well from last year and i'm sure he's even better this year.  I was at the WC/CA game this year too.  Put some weight on that kid and he'll be a big time player on Saturdays.  And yes, #8 is going to be tough for us to contain.  If I remember right, he had some nice licks on D in that WC game too.  He's a great two-way player.

I remember #1 well from last year and i'm sure he's even better this year.  I was at the WC/CA game this year too.  Put some weight on that kid and he'll be a big time player on Saturdays.  And yes, #8 is going to be tough for us to contain.  If I remember right, he had some nice licks on D in that WC game too.  He's a great two-way player.

That is #1 biggest issue is weight.  If he had an extra 20 pounds. Wow.  #8 is more known for his kicking game.  Every kick off is a touchback most field goals are down West 7th.  He also isn't going down easy on the run. No arm tackles.  But yes you are right, he can lay a lick on someone.  CA defense isn't the toughest, strongest, or biggest in the state. But they aren't scrubs either.  I am sure yall know just as good as anyone you aren't undefeated just by pure luck.  If NCS can't stop the run.  I see a very high scoring game.  High power O verse high power O.  Should be a good one.