Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

I was watching some of the vids from the WCgame on unapproved website. I have a question. Has Butili changed his number? Last year he was number 34. I keep seing this kid, who is a beast, with number 35 on. Looks like Butili but bigger. What's the story on this?

He is wearing 35. We have a freshman wearing 34.

This year's 34 is worth watching too.

And don't tell anyone but all the guys are going to wear different numbers this week for the CA game.

Edited by NCSdad1962

From yesterday's Tennessean............

Battle of unbeatens: Something has to give when No. 1 seed Columbia Academy squares off with No. 2 Nashville Christian in this week’s Class 1A quarterfinal matchup. Neither team has tasted defeat this season.

Both teams are averaging around 45 points per contest, but Nashville Christian seems to hold the edge on defense. The unbeaten Eagles, coming off a 21-0 second-round win over Wayne County, have posted five shutouts on the year and haven’t allowed an opponent to score more than 14 points in two months.

Columbia Academy hasn’t been held to less than 28 all season, hanging 53 on second-round opponent Clarksville Academy.

I agree that neither team played a tough schedule this year and CA played more teams with an above .500 record but ncs in my opinion will win big. I'm not saying that because they beat WC because ca did too but after seeing them both in person it was obvious in my eyes who the better team was. I just hope the best team out of our quad moves on to the semis and makes us proud!

WC had 4 turnovers in the NCS game. Their coach chose to go for it on 4th down needing 10,13,7,and 18 yards respectively. They were unsuccessful each time. Those are not turnovers in American football, they are possession changes. You have to travel to Canada to put those on your stat line.

I stand corrected! WC fumbled 5 times and recovered 3 of them so that's two turnovers and threw 2 interceptions so that makes four turnovers. You were right but I only counted two turnovers for ncs unless your counting the opening kickoff. One fumble in the fourth and an interception earlier. Like I said though, I don't think WC could move the ball regardless of turnovers, ncs defense is the best WC seen all year.

We have some out-of-state grandparents that would like to listen/watch this one?  Anyone from CA know of a radio broadcast or a webcast?

NFHS Network broadcasts the Columbia Academy games in webcast, it costs 9.99 for the night though.  I'm pretty sure TSSAA forces them to charge, I think their in-season games are free. 

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

Type in your schools as "columbia academy"  --you can try Nashville Christian but I don't know that it will find it.  

Edited by Monkey Wrench

I stand corrected! WC fumbled 5 times and recovered 3 of them so that's two turnovers and threw 2 interceptions so that makes four turnovers. You were right but I only counted two turnovers for ncs unless your counting the opening kickoff. One fumble in the fourth and an interception earlier. Like I said though, I don't think WC could move the ball regardless of turnovers, ncs defense is the best WC seen all year.

Fact of the matter is, FUMBLING (or turnovers for that matter) didn't lose you the game....COACHING lost you the game.  If your coach can't fix a turnover problem all year its on them.  It's not like this was a freak game where everything went wrong that could have gone wrong.  The NCS vs WCHS game was just another game, where WCHS played the same as they always do, they just wern't good enough to overcome it against a formidable opponent.  

NFHS Network broadcasts the Columbia Academy games in webcast, it costs 9.99 for the night though.  I'm pretty sure TSSAA forces them to charge, I think their in-season games are free. 

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/

Type in your schools as "columbia academy"  --you can try Nashville Christian but I don't know that it will find it.  

Thanks.  My dad is 83 - won't even bring this option up.  I can just imagine him trying to figure this out (in Ohio) without me around to help troubleshoot  :)