Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

I know it sounds like I'm dogging ca but I'm not, different teams match up different with common opponents and I don't think ca matches up well with ncs. One thing about it is that neither of these teams can finish worse than 11-1!

the majority of WCHS yards came through the air, which is by far not their strong point.  CA's strong point is through the air.  WCHS strong point is on the ground,which was completely shut down, CA's isn't.  

Honestly, It appears WCHS had the bad matchup - Although I posted in that thread that I thought WCHS would match up pretty well.  

CA is going to have to score some points, no doubt.  If their defense played like they did against Clarksville, and CA plans to win----the score is gonna have to be like 60-53

The weather is probably locked in now. 41 degrees throughout and no rain/wind. That means the passing and kicking games should be good to go. Let's shake hands and play some football.

Good weather, shouldn't be any excuses from either side.  Cramping should be at a low, Passing should be capable, and dry fields means no one should slip cutting.  I hope you all enjoy CA's facilities.  I may be biased, but I always thought CA's field was the best we ever played on.  Columbia Centrals was pretty good too when Zion used to play their.  

Good weather, shouldn't be any excuses from either side. Cramping should be at a low, Passing should be capable, and dry fields means no one should slip cutting. I hope you all enjoy CA's facilities. I may be biased, but I always thought CA's field was the best we ever played on. Columbia Centrals was pretty good too when Zion used to play their.

CA has one of if not the best facility in middle tennessee!

the majority of WCHS yards came through the air, which is by far not their strong point.  CA's strong point is through the air.  WCHS strong point is on the ground,which was completely shut down, CA's isn't.  

Honestly, It appears WCHS had the bad matchup - Although I posted in that thread that I thought WCHS would match up pretty well.  

CA is going to have to score some points, no doubt.  If their defense played like they did against Clarksville, and CA plans to win----the score is gonna have to be like 60-53

You must be smoking on that crack pipe if you think CA is going to put up 53 points on NC's defense. Even the almighty wayne co didn't put up that many points  :rolleyes: 

But, I get what your saying, they will definitely have to throw the ball to be successful tomorrow night. 

Originally, even in the semi-final, the lower seed had to travel.  The only time the alternating quad Home field was applied was if the two quads had the same seed team advance.  (1 vs1 ect.)  I was told last week that is no longer true.  Seed does not matter in semi-final.  Odd Seeds will travel this year.  3 to 4 and 1 to 2.   If that is true, should Lake County pull off the most unpredictable win ever and beat Union City the undefeated winner of this game would travel.  Is that correct?

Originally, even in the semi-final, the lower seed had to travel.  The only time the alternating quad Home field was applied was if the two quads had the same seed team advance.  (1 vs1 ect.)  I was told last week that is no longer true.  Seed does not matter in semi-final.  Odd Seeds will travel this year.  3 to 4 and 1 to 2.   If that is true, should Lake County pull off the most unpredictable win ever and beat Union City the undefeated winner of this game would travel.  Is that correct?

Yep - UC/LC winner hosts a game day after Thanksgiving.

Not crazy about that change.   Higher seed should always host.  The rotating travel should only be used if same seeds reach semi-finals.  

Good example was last season.  Had an undefeated Henry County team that had to travel to Clarksville NE which finished tied for third in the same district!...... :huh::?::wacko:

I agree, rewards the lesser opponent.  I should say the obvious lesser opponent.  For example, if NCS/CA had lost 1-2 games this year and still been 1 seeds and it was the other quads turn to travel, you would have to follow the 1 seed rotation rule, although you would think the 10-0 team should get to host.