Nashville Christian at Columbia Academy (round 3 state playoffs)

bigb31072

To you both to add on the trash talkin', neither of you have seen a fast defense that what you will see with Union City. We WHIPPED Trenton and they could be in the 2A finals. Just ask them. They are almost as fast as we are....but not quiet. Hope to win tomorrow night and play either of you....both will have to come to our town and play on a solid Purple and Gold field from goal line to goal line. The 2010 High School Field of the year and 2nd best real grass football field in the country behind Lambo Field that the Green Bay Packers Play on.

Sounds like were in trouble, y'all being so fast and all. Does the purple, award winning field make you faster? Hope not. I reckon we'll make the trip and find us a meat and three or something so the trips not wasted. How does a man go about getting ahold of Trenton? I wanna know just how fast y'all are.

I think everyone here knows your pretty good. Now we know you're real fast.

Our defense is small and slow with very little athleticism. Sounds like y'all got it licked. Just show up and it's over.

Not sure we'll make it through tomorrow. CA's offense is real fast. I'm gonna make a call and see how fast they are.

from yesterday's Tennessean....................

2 Nashville Christian (11-0) at 1 Columbia Academy (11-0)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

This matchup between Class 1A unbeatens is a rematch of last year’s quarterfinal, which Nashville Christian won handily. Neither team encountered much resistance en route to perfect 10-0 regular-season finishes, and both sides are coming off lopsided second-round wins. Top-seeded Columbia Academy, led by senior quarterback Jackson Cary, cruised to a 53-35 win over Clarksville Academy, while No. 2 Nashville Christian is coming off its fifth shutout of the season — a 21-0 triumph over third-seeded Wayne County. Nashville Christian hasn’t allowed an opponent to score more than 14 points in the last two months, and Columbia Academy hasn’t been held to less than 28 all season.

Nashville Christian 45, Columbia Academy 28

from yesterday's Tennessean....................

2 Nashville Christian (11-0) at 1 Columbia Academy (11-0)

When: Friday, 7 p.m.

This matchup between Class 1A unbeatens is a rematch of last year’s quarterfinal, which Nashville Christian won handily. Neither team encountered much resistance en route to perfect 10-0 regular-season finishes, and both sides are coming off lopsided second-round wins. Top-seeded Columbia Academy, led by senior quarterback Jackson Cary, cruised to a 53-35 win over Clarksville Academy, while No. 2 Nashville Christian is coming off its fifth shutout of the season — a 21-0 triumph over third-seeded Wayne County. Nashville Christian hasn’t allowed an opponent to score more than 14 points in the last two months, and Columbia Academy hasn’t been held to less than 28 all season.

Nashville Christian 45, Columbia Academy 28

Not a very reliable article.  CA didn't "cruise" to a 10-0 season, and undoubtedly had some "resistance" against Clarksville Academy last week.   Not saying not to post stuff like this, just saying it shows how out of tune these, who I assume are AP voters, are.  

From the Columbia Daily Herald

"Only two of the “Super Six†local teams remain in the playoffs with three weeks to go, the undefeated Columbia Academy (11-0) and Mt. Pleasant (7-4).

This time of year, every week is critical for a team striving for the elusive state championship at Cookeville on Dec.5 but both the Bulldogs and the Tigers are facing tough teams tonight on their respective journeys for the crown.

Mt. Pleasant hits the road to Adamsville to make battle with the one-loss Cardinals (10-1) who are stocked with talent like every team still playing near Thanksgiving.

“Adamsville, watching them on film, they are tough,†Tiger head coach Bronson Bradley said. “I think the biggest thing that they do is they don’t make mistakes and if you make mistakes, they take advantage of them so that is our main focus this week is to play our game and not make mistakes.â€

Playing mistake-free will be imperative for Mt. Pleasant’s defense as they will have to deal with the likes of Adamsville senior quarterback Seth Paul who has passed for over 1,000 yards with 17 touchdowns and just four interceptions along with his go to receiver Ross Burcham who has amassed 768 yards receiving on 31 catches while scoring 13 TDs.

Last week the Tigers took care of business against Scotts Hill at home winning 42-23 and there was something that caught the head coach’s eye.

“Our ability to run the ball,†Bradley said. “I was really surprised at how easy we did run the ball on them. We went into the game thinking that we might have to pass a little bit. We ended up passing six times and we didn’t complete any of them and threw two interceptions.â€

While Mt. Pleasant hopes to establish a ground attack like a week ago, the Tigers will have to navigate around Adamsville’s defensive wrecking ball senior Jacob Dengler who has racked up 85 totals tackles at the linebacker position.

What makes the drive killer Dengler more daunting is his ability to penetrate the backfield and record 15 tackles for loss.

The odds may be against the Tigers but, Bradley and his team is taking the glass half full approach.

“Not only are we the underdogs but we are the underdogs by at least three touchdowns,†Bradley said. “Just looking at them, I don’t think we are three touchdowns worse than they are.â€

The perfect storm

So far in 2014, the Bulldogs of Columbia Academy have run over the weak and overcame the strong teams to maintain an unblemished record with 11 wins but CA will have its work cut out for them at home tonight when the also perfect Nashville Christian (11-0) comes to town for a little meet and greet.

Ironically on Nov. 22, 2013, a one-loss Bulldog team fell 49-21 to Nashville Christian in the Class 1A Quarterfinals so this game is familiar territory for many of these players.

“They don’t have many weaknesses,†CA head coach Charlie Lansdell said. “I feel like it’s going to be two good teams facing each other and I think both teams will come out and do what they do and let the cards fall where they may. That’s kind of our game plan. We are not going to change up a whole of things. We don’t feel like we have to reinvent our offense or defense. We are just going to come out and play the way we know how.â€

While the Eagles have three running backs with over 500 yards this season, it is junior Daniel Bituli who stands above the others with his 18 rushing scores.

The Bulldogs however, are also loaded with offensive playmakers like receivers Taylor Thompson and Thomas Garrison along with quarterback Jackson Cary but Lansdell is looking at a different group of guys to dictate this clash of unbeatens.

“I think our line is going to be the X-factor,†Lansdell said. “Can they continue to block the way they have been? Can they make tackles defensively and cause some problems for them in the backfield?â€

All of the questions will be answered tonight for both of these contenders eying Cookeville."

http://columbiadailyherald.com/sports/preps/bulldogs-tigers-journey-deeper-playoffs

Edited by Monkey Wrench