RD 3: THE TORNADOES PATH OF DESTRUCTION CONTINUES WITH LAKE CO.

JDOGG80

Whoops.. Bigdan is over on the dresden thread. Maybe he'll make an appearance here. I sure hope so. Still have a few shots I'd like to take at him.

Thanks Turd. Love the name. I have tried and tried to explain things to BigDumbTeague but he just won't listen. I don't know why he even cares. He is from Houston County. That's in Middle Tn. He doesn't have any reason to care. The school he supports is never in the mix for anything. He started this crap last year after we beat NCS and then moved on to win state. I created a thread for this discussion so we can talk about this over there and keep the important stuff on the team threads. So let's keep this stuff over there. I appreciate your support.

"Woe be unto me" and let the violins start playing.  Stop being the victim and play some ball. 

So, a school system would under-report their enrollment by 50-70 students in order to play in a lower classification.  The amount of money per student a public school receives from state & federal government is over $10,000 per year.  So, UCHS is willing to do without $500,000 to $700,000 of funding just to play football in Class 1A?  I'm not sure there is a public school official anywhere willing to make that kind of sacrifice.  

UC by 55 over Lake County

The Answer To Your Question ....NO....GREAT POST !!!

Back to the game, I heard it's a 60 percent chance of rain Friday night. I would not mind if it was a monsoon. Hopefully UC will turn the ball over 10 times and maybe that will keep LC in the game. Seriously, LC has a very tall order in facing UC. The falcons have to play near perfect and UC will have to turn the ball over a lot and play terrible for LC to have a chance. LC will play better than they did the first time. LC has really improved since the first meeting but I am sure UC has too. I will be there cheering for my falcons no matter the outcome. Just hope for an injury free game. Good luck to both schools.

We love the rain. Last year before the title game Coach Bowling was hoping for rain and lots of it. He got his wish. Rain won't bother the Tornadoes. Have you ever heard of a Rain Wrapped Tornado? They are difficult to see and can destroy everything in their path. To borrow a melody from the Christmas season. Let it rain let it rain let it rain.

The falcons will come play hard and leave everything they got o the field Friday night. 18 kids in the quarterfinals pretty impressive. True testament to those kids and coaches. LC will not have anything t be ashamed of win or lose. LC is a traditional class A school. Union City is not. It's a shame what the TSSAA has done to single A football. LC and Bruceton game was what single A small town football is suppose to be like. Not Union City's fault what the TSSAA has done. I am proud of the falcons of what they accomplished regardless of the outcome with UC.  

I will give you credit to the kids for playing hard since the first meeting with UC, but I will not give credit to your Coach.  If I am not mistaken, during the first meeting he asked the refs if they could have a running clock, yes I said running clock midway through the 2nd Quarter.  And before you reply how do I know, it's because I heard it with my own ears.  Your Coach gave up on these kids early and now he is benefiting from the heart and will from these kids.  

I will give you credit to the kids for playing hard since the first meeting with UC, but I will not give credit to your Coach.  If I am not mistaken, during the first meeting he asked the refs if they could have a running clock, yes I said running clock midway through the 2nd Quarter.  And before you reply how do I know, it's because I heard it with my own ears.  Your Coach gave up on these kids early and now he is benefiting from the heart and will from these kids.  

And everyone is tired of the whining about UC being in 1A, if you have to complain then go to Obion County Central and ask the parents of the kids that live in UC why they send them to OC.  These are the ones that help create the MONSTER that you have to contend with every season, not UC, they are there because of the TSSAA and the parents of the kids that do not choose to attend UC.......

Funny, I to was on the sidelines that night and didn't hear that. Not saying it didn't happen but I did not hear it. I have a problem with the TSSAA not UC. UC plays were they are put. Back to LC coach. I know for a fact of the work the coaching staff has put in to right the ship. The coaching staff does more for these kids than anyone who is not close to the program will ever know. They care for them like they are their own. Again, I was on the sidelines and did not hear that comment made by coach Puckett or any other LC coach.

And everyone is tired of the whining about UC being in 1A, if you have to complain then go to Obion County Central and ask the parents of the kids that live in UC why they send them to OC.  These are the ones that help create the MONSTER that you have to contend with every season, not UC, they are there because of the TSSAA and the parents of the kids that do not choose to attend UC.......

I have been around football all my life. I have seen good teams and bad over the years. UC has a very good group of kids right now. 1-A and 2-A schools usually have up cycles and down cycles. UC is on an up cycle right now. They will have a down cycle. They have before. UC will always be decent in 1-A. Some years they will be outstanding some years not so much. UC will be a playoff team as long as they remain in 1-A but will not be in title contention every year. UC is a state wide power in 1-A but they will not run off the championships like Alcoa and Maryville have. Coach Bowling is a very good coach and has things clicking right now but I do remember several years that UC was finishing in 3rd and 4th place in the region. Regardless of what class UC is in I think LC should play them every year. If LC can play with UC most years then that tells me that LC can play with most 1-A teams in the state. Now, I do have a problem with the TSSAA not Union City. Union City, Huntingdon, Humboldt and Peabody are all traditional 2-A schools. Now they are all 1-A. Not their fault. My argument is that schools like Greenfield, Gleason, So.Fulton cannot compete with those schools. LC for the most part over the years have competed with those schools just fine. All and all it does not matter what any of us think. It's all about the money with the TSSAA. Good luck to UC Friday and go falcons. While I am on the subject of the TSSAA, all private schools should play in their own league. Again, this is just my 2 cents worth not trying to attack or offend anyone.

Edited by lakecounty1968