RD 3: THE TORNADOES PATH OF DESTRUCTION CONTINUES WITH LAKE CO.

JDOGG80

Could be another blowout but UC has done that to most everyone.Lake Co is going to have to have good field position to make it close because I think they are goingnto take a lot of chances in this game like they have been doing.They always go for 2 point conversions.May not score against the mighty Tornadoes, But they also have taken a lot of chances that seem unreal.For instancen against Greenfield, had a 2 or 3 touchdown lead and went for 1st dows 3 times in that game not even close to being at mid field and didn't make any of them and Greenfield scored all 3 times.Twice were around 4th and 4 and once on a 4th and 10 on about the 30 yard line which seemed crazy.So doing that against UC could get ugly quick.But I think the coach k nows he is outmanned and going to have to try to keep the ball against UC to keep it close.So I believe Lake Co will be coming in this game as 4 downs every possession no matter the field position knowing hey need to keep the ball.Yes I believe If Lake Co is faced with 4th and 3 on their iwn 30 yard line they will go for it.Which could be disastrous .But I dont think LC has punted 10 times all year and don't see him changing.Just hope Its a lot of 4th and 1 plays instead of 4th and 3 etc.Coach has gambled all year knowing he only has 18 players and has to keep the defense off the field.Just like against Bruceton Friday night .scored and took the lead against Bruceton with about 2 minutes left.Most teams likev UC would kick the ball deep and depend on their defense.Lake Co went for an onside kick and recovered the ball and scored again.Very risky.Dont recover that ball and Bruceton has a short fiekd against a very tired LC defense.LC has gambled all year because of the depth so don't think they will change because of it being UC.Think it will be even more gambling because it is UC.Which could be ok if LC can move the ball and keep it 4th and managable.If not, could be very very ugly again

Edited by mrbigster

Bigster...Had UC kept their starters in 4 quarters in the games they scored 50-60 and 70 points they would have put 100 points on the board in each game....

Lake County beating UC Friday would be bigger a miracle than the "Miracle on Ice", NC State beating Houston, Villanova beating Pat Ewing's Hoyas, Namath beating the Colts, Appy State going into the Big House and beating Meeechigan....It would be akin to UTM going into Tuscaloosa and beating Bama....

Has LC improved ??...There is no doubt they have but UC has gotten better as well....This is a mismatch and it will be proven again Friday night....

And I'm still SMDH over that "LC beating UC by 3 points on a neutral field" thing....Good Grief....

Dresden is not a bad team...I wouldn't doubt if they were in the East they would go to Cookeville...People may laugh but it wouldn't surprise me....Union City had 7 possessions in that game and scored TDs on each one of them...UCs offense could consist of Walton either keeping or handing off to Henry up the middle each play and UC would still score on each possession....

I agree LC will have to throw out all the stops...Go for it on every 4th down...Onside kick IF they get the opportunity....Go for two...Throw bombs...Run reverses...Flea Flickers...Statue of Liberty...Hook and Laterals....Whatever...Send 11 on blitzes...DARE UC to pass...

Could be another blowout but UC has done that to most everyone.Lake Co is going to have to have good field position to make it close because I think they are goingnto take a lot of chances in this game like they have been doing.They always go for 2 point conversions.May not score against the mighty Tornadoes, But they also have taken a lot of chances that seem unreal.For instancen against Greenfield, had a 2 or 3 touchdown lead and went for 1st dows 3 times in that game not even close to being at mid field and didn't make any of them and Greenfield scored all 3 times.Twice were around 4th and 4 and once on a 4th and 10 on about the 30 yard line which seemed crazy.So doing that against UC could get ugly quick.But I think the coach k nows he is outmanned and going to have to try to keep the ball against UC to keep it close.So I believe Lake Co will be coming in this game as 4 downs every possession no matter the field position knowing hey need to keep the ball.Yes I believe If Lake Co is faced with 4th and 3 on their iwn 30 yard line they will go for it.Which could be disastrous .But I dont think LC has punted 10 times all year and don't see him changing.Just hope Its a lot of 4th and 1 plays instead of 4th and 3 etc.Coach has gambled all year knowing he only has 18 players and has to keep the defense off the field.Just like against Bruceton Friday night .scored and took the lead against Bruceton with about 2 minutes left.Most teams likev UC would kick the ball deep and depend on their defense.Lake Co went for an onside kick and recovered the ball and scored again.Very risky.Dont recover that ball and Bruceton has a short fiekd against a very tired LC defense.LC has gambled all year because of the depth so don't think they will change because of it being UC.Think it will be even more gambling because it is UC.Which could be ok if LC can move the ball and keep it 4th and managable.If not, could be very very ugly again

Comparing Greenfield to Union City in a game type situation is like comparing UTM to Alabama.  Lake Co. will get spanked pretty bad.  Our kids are focused and I know the Falcons at this point only has a game to loose.  They have done well but their season ends around 9 PM on November 21st. 

Edited by ucdiditagain

Dresden is not a bad team...I wouldn't doubt if they were in the East they would go to Cookeville...People may laugh but it wouldn't surprise me....Union City had 7 possessions in that game and scored TDs on each one of them...UCs offense could consist of Walton either keeping or handing off to Henry up the middle each play and UC would still score on each possession....

I agree LC will have to throw out all the stops...Go for it on every 4th down...Onside kick IF they get the opportunity....Go for two...Throw bombs...Run reverses...Flea Flickers...Statue of Liberty...Hook and Laterals....Whatever...Send 11 on blitzes...DARE UC to pass...

;)

The oddest part is NCS has never had anything but compliments for UC. It doesn't seem that you could be a UC fan. Maybe a Johnny come lately jumping on for the success. BigSWO, get this boy neutered,, maybe he'll calm down.

Lol I know you (a brand new NCS fan) didn't just call another person Johnny come lately. Where were you at in 2008 and 2009? How long must someone be a fan before they are not considered a bandwagon fan? You joined last year. Will you be on here when NCS has a down year. Or, do you just wish to beat your chest while your team is on top and hard to beat?

Good luck to Lake Co, you guys will need it. Union City is a powerhouse! Your schedule is very impressive. I mean beating teams like your team has and doing it soundly is very impressive.

These teams aren't just .500 or below teams. They're 2 an 3 lose teams that are still in the playoffs. I know Lake Co will fight with all they have and that's all you can ask for, again good luck.

you know... As I watched UC and Dresden the other night.... I really thought, why not try and send all 11 4 down linemen, 3 backers through the gaps, 3 around the edges, and 1 extra wherever UC is running the ball mostly. Maybe not be "football smart" in most circumstances, but nothing else has stopped UC.

The falcons will come play hard and leave everything they got o the field Friday night. 18 kids in the quarterfinals pretty impressive. True testament to those kids and coaches. LC will not have anything t be ashamed of win or lose. LC is a traditional class A school. Union City is not. It's a shame what the TSSAA has done to single A football. LC and Bruceton game was what single A small town football is suppose to be like. Not Union City's fault what the TSSAA has done. I am proud of the falcons of what they accomplished regardless of the outcome with UC.  

The falcons will come play hard and leave everything they got o the field Friday night. 18 kids in the quarterfinals pretty impressive. True testament to those kids and coaches. LC will not have anything t be ashamed of win or lose. LC is a traditional class A school. Union City is not. It's a shame what the TSSAA has done to single A football. LC and Bruceton game was what single A small town football is suppose to be like. Not Union City's fault what the TSSAA has done. I am proud of the falcons of what they accomplished regardless of the outcome with UC.  

"Woe be unto me" and let the violins start playing.  Stop being the victim and play some ball. 

"Woe be unto me" and let the violins start playing.  Stop being the victim and play some ball. 

No victim. My comments will not effect the outcome of the game. My opinion which I am allowed to express is what it is. I f you don't agree or like it so what. LC will come play ball just like they always do. I love the LC/UC games. I didn't take any shots at Union City but I did take them at TSSAA. To me this game is not about Union City it's all about Lake County. If UC wins so what they are suppose to. If UC wins title so what they are suppose to. Make no mistake LC will have a better showing this time around against UC. Will that be good enough we shall see.

It's the same computer UC uses every few years to compute its enrollment. You know the report that's always 398 or 399.  :roflol: So it's got to be accurate! Right? 

So, a school system would under-report their enrollment by 50-70 students in order to play in a lower classification.  The amount of money per student a public school receives from state & federal government is over $10,000 per year.  So, UCHS is willing to do without $500,000 to $700,000 of funding just to play football in Class 1A?  I'm not sure there is a public school official anywhere willing to make that kind of sacrifice.  

UC by 55 over Lake County

Edited by NWTNExpert