RD 3: THE TORNADOES PATH OF DESTRUCTION CONTINUES WITH LAKE CO.

JDOGG80

LOL. I never wrote that UC was understating their enrollment at all, much less by 50 kids. Those are your numbers Big Bubba Bean Counter. Hypothetically though one could entertain the possibility of temporarily "re-allocating" 5-20 at the beginning of the reporting period and then adjusting it later. That way you could hypothetically get the Fed's money, get a few gold balls, etc. Not saying that's the case with UC. It is entirely possible that the last four reporting periods which have come in at 398, 399, 396, and 394, just below the 400 bump up to 2A, are absolutely 100% accurate......... :rolleyes: 

Not a bean counter nor a UC fan...just thought your post was a bit ridiculous. By the by, you can't not count students for a period & then start counting them without the ability to show when they enrolled.  From what I hear, UC's enrollment will be above the 1A level with classes growing in size.  But, remember that Obion County has seen a severe drop off in residents with Goodyear closing.  People seem to forget that little tidbit. 

But, I agree with BigSwo - back to the game:

Will Lake County's talented back Wilkes be held to under 150 yards?

I have been around football all my life. I have seen good teams and bad over the years. UC has a very good group of kids right now. 1-A and 2-A schools usually have up cycles and down cycles. UC is on an up cycle right now. They will have a down cycle. They have before. UC will always be decent in 1-A. Some years they will be outstanding some years not so much. UC will be a playoff team as long as they remain in 1-A but will not be in title contention every year. UC is a state wide power in 1-A but they will not run off the championships like Alcoa and Maryville have. Coach Bowling is a very good coach and has things clicking right now but I do remember several years that UC was finishing in 3rd and 4th place in the region. Regardless of what class UC is in I think LC should play them every year. If LC can play with UC most years then that tells me that LC can play with most 1-A teams in the state. Now, I do have a problem with the TSSAA not Union City. Union City, Huntingdon, Humboldt and Peabody are all traditional 2-A schools. Now they are all 1-A. Not their fault. My argument is that schools like Greenfield, Gleason, So.Fulton cannot compete with those schools. LC for the most part over the years have competed with those schools just fine. All and all it does not matter what any of us think. It's all about the money with the TSSAA. Good luck to UC Friday and go falcons. While I am on the subject of the TSSAA, all private schools should play in their own league. Again, this is just my 2 cents worth not trying to attack or offend anyone.

I graduated UCHS is 2006 which would would put me on the first 1-A UC football team. At that time there were mulitple threads all over this very site complaining about this very issue. (Please do the math just so you can understand how long this has been going on.) Being that I was on the 2005 team as well as previous rosters I can tell you that at that time playing the likes of Milan, Westview, and Jackson Central Mary w/ the amount of guys we had on the team we could in no way be even close to competitive. I will also say that at that time the same people (LC fans) that were complaining about UC being moved down out of the left sides of their mouths were talking about how the road to Mufreesboro went through Tiptonville out of the right side. You can look up for yourself how that all shook out. As far as the amount of students in the school goes, UC is not likely to get moved out of this classification b/c the simple fact remains that there aren't enough students in the school to move them up. It's easily seen and well known fact that no one wants to bring up about why UC's enrollment is this low and it's blind screaming rascism. If you are fool hearted enough to think that there is any reason to send your white kid to Central for any other reason than to keep them away from black students then I pity your ignorance. (Excluding the kids that acutally do not live in the city limits.) With regard to to these serious problems of Union City administrators "fixing" the numbers I would encourage any one with evedince of this to take it to the TSSAA immediately UC should not be allowed to cheat and get away with it. I would also like to say that I am not purposely calling out this other poster this was just the closest post to the end of this thread talking about this issue.

Funny, I to was on the sidelines that night and didn't hear that. Not saying it didn't happen but I did not hear it. I have a problem with the TSSAA not UC. UC plays were they are put. Back to LC coach. I know for a fact of the work the coaching staff has put in to right the ship. The coaching staff does more for these kids than anyone who is not close to the program will ever know. They care for them like they are their own. Again, I was on the sidelines and did not hear that comment made by coach Puckett or any other LC coach.

I was there as well and it did happen.  He was fussing about running up the score in the 1st half despite UC taking a knee to run out the clock with 1 minute left on the 20 yard line going into half. 

Is It Friday yet? Good grief. I want to see some football. Maybe  we get out of this one and play for the title the next week. I know it's the Semis but acording to all on the other side of the state there  are 4 teams from the west that could beat the best the east has to offer this year. I know I know. One game at a time and we have to take each team serious. the moment you think you own a team is the moment you lose. But it doesn't matter what I say the coaches prepare the team and the players decide the outcome. Let me just say that we will play in the title game the following week, Sorry LC fans I'm not trying to be disrespectful I'm just calling it like I believe it will happen.

Is It Friday yet? Good grief. I want to see some football. Maybe we get out of this one and play for the title the next week. I know it's the Semis but acording to all on the other side of the state there are 4 teams from the west that could beat the best the east has to offer this year. I know I know. One game at a time and we have to take each team serious. the moment you think you own a team is the moment you lose. But it doesn't matter what I say the coaches prepare the team and the players decide the outcome. Let me just say that we will play in the title game the following week, Sorry LC fans I'm not trying to be disrespectful I'm just calling it like I believe it will happen.

I was told to show up for the 945 football meeting on Sunday morning... Is breakfast provided? I was told it was...

I was there as well and it did happen.  He was fussing about running up the score in the 1st half despite UC taking a knee to run out the clock with 1 minute left on the 20 yard line going into half.

UC did not run up the score. If they wanted to it would have happened. I guess that I have seen every LC-UC match up and no coach from either side has run the score up. Sure there have been some blow outs over the years but no running up the score. I doubt anyone will try to run up the score Friday night.