Dresden Lions 2015

hogheaven

Yeah, the next few years should be interesting. Good talented young men. As for all of the other, I'm sure that I was preaching to the church. I just wondered if we could get the type of support you see in surrounding areas; UC, Milan, HC, etc. I know that the common theme with the schools that are listed include the size of their towns but, still. We should be able to mimic that type of support.

:)

One thing these schools have in common and that is all 3 have won championships or have been there several times. If everyone would stop worrying about who the coach is and support the young men that are playing and donate time money support etc. At the ballgames everyone is more worried about desperate housewives and what everybody else is doing. Come to the games win or lose that is support. When people come just because Dresden wins that's bandwagon.

I agree with a lot of this post except one thing. Winning programs will build support for that program. That is what the schools mentioned above have done. I'm not saying winning the championship but being in contention year in and year out. I'm also not saying it's right but the last 4 or 5 years have built the support at Dresden to where it is, now. Can it be better? Absolutely. Can it be worse? Same answer. When Dresden was homecoming queens the only people in the stands were parents with kids on the team. It's different now and mainly it's because of the wins and losses have swapped for the better. I really could care less who is coaching the team as long as they get the most out of what they have on the team.

Dresser's return will help turn Q loose as a play-maker, which is what he is best at.

I agree that the people of Dresden should support the program win or lose but the fact is people support a winner no matter what the sport is.  As stated above those fans are bandwagon fans but they still pay to get in the games.  What people don't want to understand is that Dresden was in the toughest district in the state when they were in AA. The drop down to A helped them more than anything with winning games.  You take the teams of the past 3 or 4 years and they don't win in the old AA district.  I have supported the lions for over 35 years and yes it is more enjoyable when they are winning.  I look forward to the next few years because I believe Coach Rang is a good one.  How long will he stay I don't know but Hodge only stayed 2 so if he comes back next year he has tied him.

Lionsupport I agree with you about the old region. Having Milan westview Trenton Humboldt and I think union city and Huntingdon were all apart of thst region. Man you talked about a gauntlet. I think the team that went to state might have been the only team thst could have even been competitive in this region. Not saying the past 3 years haven't had good teams, but the drop to 1a helps a lot in the win column.