Webb not Playing Knox Cath any longer.

Bravey

Well this is interesting ... article in Knox News Sentinel -- quotes from Meske " stating administration has told Catholic that Webb not playing in football any longer " -- Catholic AD states that he hasnt heard  from Webb or Meske that they are not gonna play .... interesting too that other Knox area and Blount  coaches in support of David Meske and their decision  .. stating that its definately not cause of tough competition  .. stating that Webb has scheduled Alcoa and West and some others .. so that would seem to be correct statement ... something odd there that  so many coaches seem to be supporting Webb .... has this just started since Matthews got there .. watched the game at Fulton on TV the other night and thought this guy ( Matthews comes off as kinda cocky ) - with comments that they had better team ... and the announcers stating that KC coaches were sure they would shutdown Fulton and then in paper Matthews states that a catch here or a block there and its a different ballgame ... LOL ..what game was he watching .. KC was never in that game .There has got to more to this story .... I have heard some things that a coach from Farragut had said KC had alot of kids from their area that would go to Farragut ( but cant blame parents for wanting a private education) .. any thoughts on what has caused the turn on KC ?? I dont think its because they are getting better .. and that could be debatable .. what they have 1 State title in 2008 in division 1  ... so dont see the threat ...... anybody with knowledge want to commnt ?? Also classy of Meske and Bradley at CAK to only say what they said as reason .. " not in best interest " ans also Meske stating that KC stopped playing them before so its happened before.             

I am sure it doesn't take much to figure out why those teams don't want to play Catholic, Catholic road allot of hype for the past year on how they could compete with Fulton and from the way the game looked on TV and the stats Fulton put that myth to rest. Good teams have bad games for sure but, it seems all anyone wants to say is Catholic had a bad game but last year when Catholic played Fulton close there is no way Fulton had a bad game Catholic is just that good and oh, Fulton won that one as well. Congrats to Webb and others stepping up and taking a stand for what they believe is happening.

I wouldn't play them either with the way Matthews runs a program.

How is he running his program? Enquiring minds want to know? It's amazing how all these people have so much input into a program based on hear say. I'm tired of hearing recruitment crap because as Turtle posted on another thread ALL these coaches do it. There were numerous self righteous coaches showing up to Bearden Middle pulling my son out of class to talk to him about going to their school but that's different because it's a public school? When I was a coach at Central we would go to the middle school to talk to the students about attending Central. Funny how the only ones in attendance were athletes. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't think Maryville, Fulton, or Alcoa recruit because kids want to play for winners. I believe Webb isn't playing Catholic because a certain freshman decided to go to Catholic instead of Webb. Forget the fact that Todd Kelly Jr. was enrolled at Catholic and ended up at Webb. If someone has proof turn it in instead of playing the "I heard card". People who know nothing tend to chime in the most.

I am sure it doesn't take much to figure out why those teams don't want to play Catholic, Catholic road allot of hype for the past year on how they could compete with Fulton and from the way the game looked on TV and the stats Fulton put that myth to rest. Good teams have bad games for sure but, it seems all anyone wants to say is Catholic had a bad game but last year when Catholic played Fulton close there is no way Fulton had a bad game Catholic is just that good and oh, Fulton won that one as well. Congrats to Webb and others stepping up and taking a stand for what they believe is happening.

Interesting .. maybe " what maybe Meske wanted to say but was too classy or couldnt say was .. we are not gonna play Catholic as long as Matthews is there !!!! " 

As for the Fulton game, they (Fulton) were the better team. I was at the game so I didn't hear his pregame talk. I learned a long time ago that you have to be humble. I thought we'd be more competitive but Fulton (Alcoa too) is playing at another level. Catholic has a long way to go to compete with those teams. Especially with the O-line.