Webb not Playing Knox Cath any longer.

Bravey

Pretty funny watching the self righteous Catlic's bring up all the professional issues and saying Webb hurts worse with a Catholic loss, Not sure but I thought Webb has won the game the past six or seven years, from the rumor mill seems the self righteous have over stepped their boundary and professionalism in the recruiting world, at least when Webb recruits they can legally give Finanacial support, Catholic will give you all kinds of financial support if you will convert to the self righteous. Someone brought up the Mitchell kid being at Webb as a  recruit, well I bet Loudon feels the same about the Catholic recruiting dept. I agree all schools do some kind of recruiting, yes kids want to play for a winner but when you do things under handily like things are being said then you have someone get their feelings hurt, in this case Webb has chosen to move away from Catholic and play much better competition, its a classy move by the Spartans to finally take a stand on an issue that no one seems to know about.

Edited by RedD

No TSSAA team, Division I or II, can legally recruit.

Sure they can .... conversation " hey we would like to offer you an opportunity to come get a great education her at _______ . I know your family might not be able to afford the tuition but there are some financial aid available .. it would be a great opportunity for you here at ________. WE have the best teachers and administration. And if you feel comfortable here you can try some of our athletic teams ... we understand you played on the 8th grade team at _______ in football. You are a big strong boy .. you would be welcome on our football team that we have. "   

First of all CAK had to play us because we were in the same district, now that we are in a new one they don't need or have to play us. I understand they want a loss off their schedule. But Webb, who had beat us 17 times in a row at one point, to turn tail when things do not go thier way is chicken...

Never underestimate the ego of football coaches when it comes to Ws and Ls

The rest of the crap on here about recruiting is just that, crap.

why not settle it real easy, call TSSAA and tell them you are tired of the recruiting crap BS and ask them to come on over and do an investigation in to the Catholic football program, then make their report public and settle the debate, seems to be a pretty easy way to prove one way or the other, let us know when you get that set up, would be awesome to see the righteous be vindicated and proven to have the clean program that it claims to be. SIMPLE,SIMPLE

First of all CAK had to play us because we were in the same district, now that we are in a new one they don't need or have to play us. I understand they want a loss off their schedule. But Webb, who had beat us 17 times in a row at one point, to turn tail when things do not go thier way is chicken...

Never underestimate the ego of football coaches when it comes to Ws and Ls

The rest of the crap on here about recruiting is just that, crap.

At a certain point, when you're looking around the room and wondering why no one wants to stand by you, it probably has little to do with your perceived greatness, and more to do with the fact that you smell like crap... For all your talk about how teams are ducking you because they're scared, then why are these teams scheduling even more difficult teams like Alcoa, Maryville and West? Look around the room Cathaholic supporters, and try and figure out why no one will stand next to you.

Pretty funny watching the self righteous Catlic's bring up all the professional issues and saying Webb hurts worse with a Catholic loss, Not sure but I thought Webb has won the game the past six or seven years, from the rumor mill seems the self righteous have over stepped their boundary and professionalism in the recruiting world, at least when Webb recruits they can legally give Finanacial support, Catholic will give you all kinds of financial support if you will convert to the self righteous. Someone brought up the Mitchell kid being at Webb as a  recruit, well I bet Loudon feels the same about the Catholic recruiting dept. I agree all schools do some kind of recruiting, yes kids want to play for a winner but when you do things under handily like things are being said then you have someone get their feelings hurt, in this case Webb has chosen to move away from Catholic and play much better competition, its a classy move by the Spartans to finally take a stand on an issue that no one seems to know about.

Typical response to attack someone personally when you have nothing of substance or credibility to say or add to the conversation.

It is painfully obvious you have NO idea what you are talking about.

It has nothing to do with competition, why Webb decided  unilatterally to quit playing Catholic in football-it has everything to do with-Webb would rather lose to anyone, other than Catholic-especially in football.  They do not care if they lose to Alcoa, West, Maryville or anyone in football as badly as they do when Catholic puts the beat down on them.  Too bad for the kids who go to Webb and Catholic-they are the real losers.  It is a fun rivalry and always has been, as a Catholic grad-I know first hand.  

So, you can get off your high horse, Webb is not taking a stand-they are cowards-not surprised they ran to media outlets first, to see if they could spin the story without even calling the AD at Catholic, that is the definition of coward.  Geez, at least Webb should have had the guts to make the call to Catholic.

Edited by KCHSIrish