Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

Wayne County is averaging scoring 42.4 ppg

And only giving up a staggering 9.43 ppg*

That 42.4 PPG avg would blow by the all time record set in '11 by our State champ team. They scored 37.0 ppg

* The 9.43 ppg giving up would rank 3rd in history(66 seasons). It would be the lowest points since 1962 !!! The '62 team held teams to just 7.25 ppg. But the best WC defense of all time is the '54 team. They managed to only allow opponents 6.62 ppg! WOW!

Not sure where else you can publicize the boys' accomplishments, but maxp... is a good place to share it. Hudl automatically links up the boys' highlight videos and I can see Preston and logans, so they are active that much. Of course maxp... is dependent on all schools keeping up, but for instance CA is listed on maxp... as having the leading passer and leading scorer in the state. I have to think with WC and NCS's prolific offenses that their boys would be way on up there. Of course, stats are stats...not heart, and the real measure is team success!

Edited by OldMain

I tell ya what 89, The parents, coaches and esp the kids really enjoy me keeping up with it for them!! I had 4 or 5 ask me how many tackles they have on the yr while i was on sideline tonight. I love it!

You are so right, the boys love it. Nothing better than the face of that tackle when you tell him "you had 2 solos and 2 assists!" He knows what it means and sleeps well that night.

I got just the guy to get those stats for you. I would like to see them myself. As for the game tonight, HC plays hard and with lots of heart, if they had a passing game they would be tough but it's of no threat at all. I thought their line looked good and I'm sticking with them finishing in 3rd in the region. As for WC tonight, was probably one of our sloppiest games so far this year. I'll put most of it on the weather but was one of our worse performances so far. Rice, Cole and Davis were great with the ball in their hands, and Ray, Birchette and Floyd were all over the place on defense as well as Ruddle and Hill.

You are right; we have such a long way to go yet in the passing game.

I hope your 3rd place prediction comes true for us wildcat89.  Perry, Bruce & Academy down the stretch and we have a few injuries to overcome, now...no game is a given.  Feels good to receive your vote of confidence, though.

You are right; we have such a long way to go yet in the passing game.

I hope your 3rd place prediction comes true for us wildcat89. Perry, Bruce & Academy down the stretch and we have a few injuries to overcome, now...no game is a given. Feels good to receive your vote of confidence, though.

Ca will be y'all's toughest game left, they seem to be playing much better with the return of their qb but I think y'all will be fine.

Lol, I honestly don't think any one is better than the other. They're all talented in their own way, but it takes a team to go far and this bunch seems like a well oiled machine. It reminds me a lot of the 2011 team. I thought I might try an make a bold statement(like a few others), maybe get some responses and other opinions to pass the time on a bye week. I will say this in all seriousness, that even though the competition hasn't been very tough thus far. These boys have put up some impressive stats for just 5 games. I believe this team is built to go the distance this year, because of the way they feed off of each other's success. Just continue to play for each other

good post.