Wayne County Wildcats (2015 Edition)

wildcatalumni

it is possible. Tc is young and not a lot of size but are one the fastest teams around. We don't run it down your throat or bully teams but can score in a hurry. If qb or rb get a seam they are hard to catch. They are much improved from start of year.

It's a different scenario of how things play out. It isn't likely but crazy to think how much could change from one game.

It's a different scenario of how things play out. It isn't likely but crazy to think how much could change from one game.

I like it man. Thinking outside the box and yes it is a REAL possibility. Would be cool to see 3 teams tie for the top spot in the Region. Im just interested in who we will be hosting come Round 1. I will be away on the river working for that 1st rd game but will be back for the 2nd rd game which should be a barnburner!

IMO there is 3 teams that are head and shoulders above the other 5 teams that will make the playoffs in these Regions. Those teams being Wayne County, NCS and Huntingdon. And home field advantage will be HUGE come playoffs as WC is 9-2 @ home in the playoffs since Rice took back over our SR yr in 2006. On the flip side we are just 2-6 on the road in the playoffs since '06. (Not counting the State Champ. game Win). So I hope we can play at home all the way thru. Which we can if we get the #1 seed.

I like it man. Thinking outside the box and yes it is a REAL possibility. Would be cool to see 3 teams tie for the top spot in the Region. Im just interested in who we will be hosting come Round 1. I will be away on the river working for that 1st rd game but will be back for the 2nd rd game which should be a barnburner!

IMO there is 3 teams that are head and shoulders above the other 5 teams that will make the playoffs in these Regions. Those teams being Wayne County, NCS and Huntingdon. And home field advantage will be HUGE come playoffs as WC is 9-2 @ home in the playoffs since Rice took back over our SR yr in 2006. On the flip side we are just 2-6 on the road in the playoffs since '06. (Not counting the State Champ. game Win). So I hope we can play at home all the way thru. Which we can if we get the #1 seed

(WHEN) we get the #1 seed!  I can see into the future as well, and I'm not even from Huntingdon!  LOL

(WHEN) we get the #1 seed! I can see into the future as well, and I'm not even from Huntingdon! LOL

Just found out yesterday from my son that his cousin Prater (on mama's side) is the leading tackler for the Wildcats. My boy asked me WC's chances this year and I replied... "I'll ride to Cookeville with ya if you want to go watch him in a game." 😉

Just found out yesterday from my son that his cousin Prater (on mama's side) is the leading tackler for the Wildcats. My boy asked me WC's chances this year and I replied... "I'll ride to Cookeville with ya if you want to go watch him in a game." 😉

Thanks for the words of enthusiasm but it's going to be a rough road getting to Cookeville from this side!

Thanks for the words of enthusiasm but it's going to be a rough road getting to Cookeville from this side!

I knew from last year's game in MP that this years WC was gonna be really good. It's why I quickly picked WC over mTp in this year's matchup... Can NCS, Huntingdon, and U.C. beat WC?... Sure... Can WC beat them?... Sure... All those games would be close victories either way, but I think WC has what it takes to win out in the end. WC'S backfield is better than they get credit for.

I knew from last year's game in MP that this years WC was gonna be really good. It's why I quickly picked WC over mTp in this year's matchup... Can NCS, Huntingdon, and U.C. beat WC?... Sure... Can WC beat them?... Sure... All those games would be close victories either way, but I think WC has what it takes to win out in the end. WC'S backfield is better than they get credit for.

Thanks, I know they're better than they get credit for but a lot of it's due to the fact that two of our backs have been playing defensive tackle, and playing it well, but it has limited their carries due to keeping them fresh. Like I said in a post last night, WC has yet to unleash their offense but it's getting closer! I'm not trying to knock the teams we've played but I truely believe WC could have hung 80+ points on the board in 5 of our 6 games this year but that's not the way coach Rice rolls. Edited by wildcat89

Yeah #42 MLB Bradley Prater is our leading tackler with just over 50 tackles. He also has 3 Fumble Rec's and a Def TD!

My favorite player to watch this yr. He and #52 are two of the best MLBs ive seen in a long long time!

According to another thread, rival fans believe the cats will be just another team after P Rice graduates. For one thing, that's a crazy thought! But it got me to thinking about all the brother combinations that have come through the program over the years at WCHS. We have been blessed, like other schools, to have the Rices, Butlers, Bratchers, etc. It's always entertaining to say that's so and so's little brother. Or in other cases, that's so and so's son as the "has beens" remember the glory days. Football is great family sport where families grow stronger together. Time moves fast so enjoy these days!

According to another thread, rival fans believe the cats will be just another team after P Rice graduates. For one thing, that's a crazy thought! But it got me to thinking about all the brother combinations that have come through the program over the years at WCHS. We have been blessed, like other schools, to have the Rices, Butlers, Bratchers, etc. It's always entertaining to say that's so and so's little brother. Or in other cases, that's so and so's son as the "has beens" remember the glory days. Football is great family sport where families grow stronger together. Time moves fast so enjoy these days!

Time is definatly flying by, at one time I was looking at twelve straight years with a kid on the team, when this season ends I'll be down to three!

Time is definatly flying by, at one time I was looking at twelve straight years with a kid on the team, when this season ends I'll be down to three!

You need to start working on adopting a 5 and a 9 year old. After that your boys should be taking care of providing new players. 

Edited by bigb31072