Signal Mountain 2015

MountainTroll

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to say what a huge number of people have said or thought through the years having to put up with CBP at Bradley and Soddy- no school with any sense would hire CBP to come there. Signal people put up with him because many of them graduated high school with him. Others saw that he would play their kid as long as the parents did all the work around the stadium and didn't question CBP's very questionable antics. People who call it old school coaching don't know what old school coaching is. CBP is just an old bully. I feel sorry for all those kids who have had to put up with him. I think he realizes his legacy is a pretty sad one.

You are way off base with your comments. CBP is not going to play a kid because a parent does work. He is going to play the kids that show up to practice, perform and give the team the best chance to win. He doesn't care who your parents are. I know him well and he could go back to any school he's ever coached tomorrow. He is tough and some parents and kids don't make it through his program for whatever reason. Some that were great players and some that thought they were better than they were. Evidently you or a child of yours didn't make it. Mine did, but it was hard on him but he truely understands what hard work and commitment to the team means and the team is always first. Football is not about making everyone happy and It's not about any one kid no matter how good they are. I'm not even sure why I am responding to your post since only 15-20 people even read this stuff.

You are way off base with your comments. CBP is not going to play a kid because a parent does work. He is going to play the kids that show up to practice, perform and give the team the best chance to win. He doesn't care who your parents are. I know him well and he could go back to any school he's ever coached tomorrow. He is tough and some parents and kids don't make it through his program for whatever reason. Some that were great players and some that thought they were better than they were. Evidently you or a child of yours didn't make it. Mine did, but it was hard on him but he truely understands what hard work and commitment to the team means and the team is always first. Football is not about making everyone happy and It's not about any one kid no matter how good they are. I'm not even sure why I am responding to your post since only 15-20 people even read this stuff.

You're wrong my friend- my boys did play for him and I'm sure I know him way better than you. My guess is that you are one of those parents who spend just about as much time doing stuff for the program as you did at your own job. All of us who have known him for a long time know that he doesn't play kids based solely on performance. He's a "scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" kind of guy. His own parents were those kind of parents. It is just how he does things- I guess he learned it from them. Several of my friends grew up with him and said he was a bully back in high school and nothing has changed. And your right- no one reads this- but you did and you are the one who is way off base. Probably still have a kid playing for him and you're afraid if you don't defend him your kid might not play.

Agreed treetop. In 100% agreement with you. Know several people who played for him and you speak the truth about him. Sounds like transplant just don't like him or he wanted his kid to miss practice and price didn't stand for it, so now he is ticked at Wild Bill. He has always won and built a program up wherever he has been. Look at the re it's books. Facts!

Edited by ChattownLB

Looks like ChattownLB and Treetop are typical Signal koolaid drinkers.  My boys went on to be successful, productive adults despite the poor example set by their high school football coach.  I have heard so many stories as of late about CBP and his "old school" ways.  As I have already stated, he is an old bully and always has been.  He is not hard on kids who do wrong.  He is all about pumping up his own ego.  He isn't the kind of coach I want my grandkids to play for.  I have a ton of respect for hard nosed, strict, old school football coaches. That isn't CBP.  Treetop and ChattownLB save your comments.  Just keep kissing CBP's hind end.

Coach Price is a smart man..he will get plenty of information make the right decision...good coach[/quote

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That was a good one "coach price is a smart man"

Edited by Chattowntransplant